Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: MakeHuman  (Read 7316 times)

Orange Brat

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Orange Brat Shenanigans™
MakeHuman
« on: November 23, 2005, 11:03:44 PM »

http://www.dedalo-3d.com/

I'll eventually add this to the Starving Developer's Guide, but I figures I'd post about it, too. A new working beta has been uploaded...it allows you to finally export to OBJ. Anyway, the polycount is high, but that shouldn't be a problem if you're using prerendered 2D character sprites.
The Disenfranchised™ - coming later

nuclear_winter

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: MakeHuman
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 11:00:12 AM »

The polycount is not that bad and can be reduced with some decent results if you're gonna use a real-time 3D model.
A good program, especially for the lazy slackers (like some of us)!!

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 11:39:18 AM »

A bit sad that they extracted it from Blender and made it standalone. Using it directly in Blender  could have make it easier for us to use it for creating realtime-models once there is a decent exporter. Does the model have bones meanwhile?

GiovanniLanza

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • NinibeLabs
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 08:30:21 AM »

That is not sad.
We did this to give everyone the opportunity to use MH, and then to export the human model (.obj) in one's preferred program.
Before this it was just a tool for blender people (like me), now it is much "universal".
In Blender (I talk about this because I know just this program) there is a good poly reducer (thanks to Campbell Barton  :) ) who gives the opportunity ti reduce the poly in a rational way,
Anyway, I know that there will be a the possibility to export a reduced body directly from MakeHuman. (the programmers are working about it).
That will be good (I was one of those who are forcing them in doing this, because of my interest in games....).

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.