Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: 2D Turn 45 degrees animation never plays  (Read 4002 times)

AndyT

• Lurker
    • View Profile
2D Turn 45 degrees animation never plays
« on: February 09, 2014, 02:50:47 PM »

Hi to all!

I wonder if someone has experienced this issues with turning animations:

1) My game is 2D and i have my actor turning animations made with several frames, so it looks better than just a single frame. Now if the actor turns more than one direction - 90 degrees or more (f.e. from down to right), everything works fine. But the engine never plays the turning sprite, if the actor is supposed to turn just one direction - only 45 degrees - f.e. from down to downright. It always skips straight to the first frame of the idle animation of the destination direction...
2) If the actor turns more than one turn, f.e. from down to up, there are apparent  pauses between the each sprite is played, so the turning isn´t fluent...

Many thanks for posibble advices.

HCDaniel

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2D Turn 45 degrees animation never plays
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 06:19:24 PM »

Hi to all!

I wonder if someone has experienced this issues with turning animations:

1) My game is 2D and i have my actor turning animations made with several frames, so it looks better than just a single frame. Now if the actor turns more than one direction - 90 degrees or more (f.e. from down to right), everything works fine. But the engine never plays the turning sprite, if the actor is supposed to turn just one direction - only 45 degrees - f.e. from down to downright. It always skips straight to the first frame of the idle animation of the destination direction...
2) If the actor turns more than one turn, f.e. from down to up, there are apparent  pauses between the each sprite is played, so the turning isn´t fluent...

Many thanks for posibble advices.

Hi,

I had a similar or maybe the same Problem. There's a fix in the wme sources at the bitbucket site, that might help you. It fixed the turning animations in our project.

AndyT

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 01:27:46 AM »

Hi,

I had a similar or maybe the same Problem. There's a fix in the wme sources at the bitbucket site, that might help you. It fixed the turning animations in our project.

...well i looked at the bitbucket site but i have no idea what´s going on there  ;D can you please help me out, where exactly can I find the fix, is it some kind of patch?

HCDaniel

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 04:17:34 PM »

I've uploaded a wme executable with the fix here:

https://bitbucket.org/hardcoredaniel/wme1-rapaki-edition/downloads

This commit

https://bitbucket.org/hardcoredaniel/wme1-rapaki-edition/commits/0e420c43be4fa45830778554a467b9ca88eaa8c0

is the one that fixed our problems. Maybe it helps you as well.

AndyT

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 07:35:16 PM »

Thanks a lot. So all I have to do is to replace the exe file? So I did and it didn´t solved my problem... But thank you anyway.

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 23 queries.