Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Please a Little Help..  (Read 6200 times)

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Please a Little Help..
« on: September 10, 2005, 06:03:18 PM »

Hi,
I'm new with this program (creating games for a decade) and I was wondering if you could give me a little help :

1. Where can I find 'Actors' to use in my games?
2. How can I create Actors??
3. Does this program take Video files (to play as cutscenes or whatever)?

Thanks in advance

deadworm222

• Regular poster
  • Wintermute Army
    • View Profile
Re: Please a Little Help..
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 07:59:32 PM »

1. Nowhere. See 2.
2. From the WME documentation (article called "Actors"): "There is currently no tool for designing a WME actor. You must create an actor by writing a simple text file, defining the actor's properties. But don't worry, the structure of this file isn't very complicated and you will probably need to create very few actors for your game." Besides that you need some sprites. The documentation should help.
3. Yes, WME supports videos as both cutscenes and game objects (entities). See the documentation.

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 08:02:54 PM »

Hi,

1, we would be glad to help if only you can be more specific. Do you want to use 3D characters or 2D sprites? Also do you mean where are actors in WME project, or are you mentioning internet.

2, ad 1

3, yes you can. Also with new version of WME you can use free theora codec so even for commercial releases you are no longer obliged to buy a codec for the end solution.

Recommended reading for start:

http://wiki.dead-code.org/wakka.php?wakka=Articles&v=15w6

Also I recommend going through WME documentation which helps you find almost anything you need. ;-)

Hope that helps

J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 09:03:06 PM »

Thanks for the Help.

1. I was refering to 3d actors and if there is a place in the Internet where I could find some.
2. Thanks, i'll try to do so
3. That too!

Thanks again.

P.s : I was using game engines like Torque or 3d genesis, but I thought I'll give a try to this one. It seems pretty good and interesting.

Question : Can I use the 'Trinity' Actor that comes with the Demo ???? (is there a copyright or something?)

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 09:44:32 PM »

Thanks for the Help.

1. I was refering to 3d actors and if there is a place in the Internet where I could find some.
2. Thanks, i'll try to do so
3. That too!

Thanks again.

P.s : I was using game engines like Torque or 3d genesis, but I thought I'll give a try to this one. It seems pretty good and interesting.

Question : Can I use the 'Trinity' Actor that comes with the Demo ???? (is there a copyright or something?)

Hi, the model is free and you can use it at least for testing purposes. Sooner or later you will need your own model, but for the time being there is no reason why you shouldn't work with Trinity.

J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 23 queries.