Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: scripting question  (Read 3746 times)

jones

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
scripting question
« on: May 14, 2003, 07:07:25 PM »

Hey! I am like super new at this so please bear with me. I don't like sounding dumb but I guess asking is the only way to learn. Could somebody please tell me exactly what scripting language you need to know in order to use this? I've read the help files and I'm still kinda lost. Thanks

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re:scripting question
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 07:37:32 AM »

Well, in the documentation it says that you have to know javascript. I have to add that if you know the syntax of C, or C++ or Java then you can use WME. And you don't have to be an expert. Just to know a few things. I, for example, knew only the basic staff about ANSI C but I didn't got any serious problems to understand and use (with a little help) the script language of WME. Just play with the wme_demo and try to modify it and if you don't know how to do something, come here and ask. Everyone is willing to help...... Oh... and the support is very good.... usually mnemonic (the creator of WME) answers every question within a few hours.
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:scripting question
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 09:27:37 AM »

usually mnemonic (the creator of WME) answers every question within a few hours.
Usually, but not yesterday, I was having problems with inet connection. Anyway, you said it all! :) C, C++, Java, JavaScript, PHP, all those languages share the same basic syntax, and so does the scripting language in WME.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.