Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: New Game and New Web Site  (Read 7174 times)

Wraith

• Lurker
  • I put the "EW" in "Newbie".
    • View Profile
    • Archetype Illustration & Design
New Game and New Web Site
« on: November 17, 2003, 04:01:59 PM »

Hey all,
    I'm at the beginning stages of building an adventure game called "MillenniumQuest".  I'm almost finished with the basics in setting up the game (inventory, character animation, GUI,  etc.).  I have much of the plot, storyline, characters, objects, puzzles and game locations mapped out and illustrated.   Now is the task of applying them to the game and fill in the code (eek!).  I'm excited!
    If you'd like to know more about the game, I have a proto-type web site on my company's website.  Just go to
http://www.archetype-design.net/mquest/
and start at the homepage (index.htm).  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments.  Thanks.
 -Wraith

:D

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re:New Game and New Web Site
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 06:32:25 PM »

As I have already said before, the graphics looks really good. Very good work Wraith.

And it's amazing that you have already so much of the game (graphics, plot & puzzles) ready. ;D ;D

PS. Does the ancient greeks of the background have anything to do with the game itself?
PS2. The links to www.dead-code.org are wrong. They link to your website (I have done the same thing before. Is www.dead-code.org cursed?)
fl*p

Wraith

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 07:46:09 PM »

Oh, the link to the www.dead-code.org, yes, was mis-coded, and I copied and pasted that link throughout the site, so they are all wrong.  I'll fix it shortly.  
  The game storyline, plot, puzzles, color scheme, outline, etc. are scribbled down in a notebook as I do the research.  A little over 28 of the scenes/rooms are drafted out in pencil (with their puzzles and objects mapped out), a few are inked out, and a few are rendered by computer and ready to placed in the game.   The illustration & rendering are the easy parts, it's the coding of the rooms and puzzles and situations that I get bogged  down in.
   I recieved a minor in Ancient Greek in college, and the greek text in the background does have something to do with the story because those are ancient words of prophesy written by a prisoner on the island of Patmos around 90 A.D..  The prophecy can be found in the book of Revelation, chapter 20.  
   Thanks.
-Wraith

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 09:18:16 PM »

Wow, what I've seen so far looks very promising. I really like the style of your graphics, Wraith.
Hopefully you'll overcome the coding as well :) If there's any problem, you know where to find us ;)
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Wraith

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 09:57:48 PM »

Thanks, Mnemonic!   Hopefully, I'll be able to learn some great 3-D animation techniques for cut-scenes and opening game intro....somewhere down the line.  But... one thing at a time  is all I can do with my busy schedule...sigh.... :'(
-Wraith

P.S.  I like your Icon.  I'm a fan Max from "Sam N' Max" ever since I picked up one of their comic books soooo long ago!  Now that's some COOL art!  8)

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.