Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: Programmer Wanted - We need to port our game to IOS - PAID  (Read 8182 times)

diegoquarantine

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Buenos Aires Quarantine Studio
Programmer Wanted - We need to port our game to IOS - PAID
« on: April 19, 2014, 05:44:34 PM »

Hi,
We have our game in the final stages of bug fixing and detail tweaking.  So we need to start porting it to Mac, IOS and Android. Being most important the MAc and IOS releases.
We don't have much idea on how to do this and we prefer to focus our energy on the second episode of the game than dealing with something we don't know.
The game is fully 2D, the only big challenge we face is video playback, which is not supported by WMElite apparently. So we're going to have to think of a work around or maybe develop this area ourselves. One idea is to convert all cutscenes to scripted scenes with sprites with animated frames, which is going to make the game much heavier in terms of disk space. The oter is to completely change the style to something more comic book and release a different version of the game for mobile platforms. Something I would really not like to do.
But apart from that, I think the process will be straight forward.
The game size is 650mb - full 2D - and in 1280x720 -
Interested developers contact me by PM for more details and start budgeting a Quote for the job.
Thanks!
DM.

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: Programmer Wanted - We need to port our game to IOS - PAID
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 12:11:38 PM »

You can use my fork of WME lite. It supports theoras on Linux, current main build of WME lite supports theoras as well for PC, Mac and iOS.
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 12:25:45 PM »

Without sound, though.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 12:28:51 PM »

I was looking into it and adding sound should be quite straightforward. However I am myself using audio unpaired with videos because I need to have fluent audio transitions between scenes and hate this video end - audio cuts. Basically you can encapsulate video playing calls into method which handles both audio and video playing simultaneously.
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

diegoquarantine

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Buenos Aires Quarantine Studio
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 07:54:40 PM »

Ok, then the main build of WME lite is suporting theoras for PC, Mac and IOs?  This is GREAT!

Then to be able to port to Mac and IOS, I should get a Mac running on Mavericks and compile with the last XCode following these steps?.

Mac OS X

Obtain sources from Mercurial repository: https://bitbucket.org/MnemonicWME/wmelite/
Download dependencies for XCode (dep_xcode.zip): https://bitbucket.org/MnemonicWME/wmelite/downloads
Unpack the dependencies to xcode/dep directory.
Copy your game package (data.dcp) to xcode/wmelite directory (note: if your game package uses a different name or if you need to use multiple .dcp files, you will have to modify the xcode project).
Open the project file (xcode/wmelite/wmelite.xcodeproj) in XCode and compile.
iOS

Obtain sources from Mercurial repository: https://bitbucket.org/MnemonicWME/wmelite
Download dependencies for XCode (dep_xcode_ios.zip): https://bitbucket.org/MnemonicWME/wmelite/downloads
Unpack the dependencies to xcode-ios/dep directory.
Copy your game package (data.dcp) to xcode-ios/wmelite directory (note: if your game package uses a different name or if you need to use multiple .dcp files, you will have to modify the xcode project).
Replace Default.png and IconXXX.png images in xcode-ios/wmelite with your custom graphics (Default.png isn't mandatory, you can delete it).
Edit Info.plist and change at least the "CFBundleIdentifier" key to your company and product name (edit: in XCode 4 you can change the properties directly in XCode, no need to edit Info.plist manually).
Open the project file (xcode-ios/wmelite/wmelite.xcodeproj) in XCode and compile.

THANKS!!

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.