Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: old lucasarts games  (Read 37129 times)

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
Re:old lucasarts games
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2003, 02:18:59 PM »

You're not talking about audio-cd tracks, are you ? They are MIDI anyway ?!
Nah, the CD version of Monkey Island 1 has audio CD tracks.

:o I have to buy a new collection!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2003, 02:20:26 PM by Jerrot »
Mooh!

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2003, 02:24:50 PM »

I have to buy a new collection!

He! He! :) The MI1 CD I have was in a collection that also had Full THrottle and The Dig.... Those collections are really great.
fl*p

KA-su-MA-kun

• Lurker
  • Don't take anything I say personally.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2003, 04:44:35 PM »

Hmm. *Goes to find his MI-1 CD since he doesn't remember CD Audio tracks*

BTW About the Loom update, there wouldn't happen to be something like that for those of us who own the original Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis disks would there? *Doesn't really want to pay any more after the original 55 USD for the 5 1/4 inch version on PC*
« Last Edit: July 27, 2003, 04:51:41 PM by KA-su-MA-kun »

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2003, 05:08:32 PM »

Hmm. *Goes to find his MI-1 CD since he doesn't remember CD Audio tracks*

I don't know if it really a big need to buy monkey1 cd. It's EXACTLY the same as monkey1 vga floppy with 21-22 audio tracks. Unless ofcourse you are a collector like me :)

EDIT: Oh, I just see that you have a monkey1 cd. There where some monkey1 cd's that didn't have the audio tracks thought.

BTW About the Loom update, there wouldn't happen to be something like that for those of us who own the original Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis disks would there? *Doesn't really want to pay any more after the original 55 USD for the 5 1/4 inch version on PC*

Unfornunately no, there isn't any update for indy4 and that's because you can buy it from lucasarts (but only if you live in usa). Loom cd update exist only because you can't buy it from anywhere (there are many details in the link above). Actually the loom cd update is semi-illegal, buy since NO company has the rights for this version now it's not really a big problem.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2003, 05:10:03 PM by odnorf »
fl*p

KA-su-MA-kun

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2003, 06:09:01 PM »

Ah. The answer to both parts is "that sucks".

The collectors packs were available here in Australia for a few years when I was younger, but I could never get my mother to get the one with the Indy 4 CD.

Oh and for the record, there is a game missing in the list, Lucasfilm Games in 1986 produced an Adventure game for the movie "The Labrinyth" (Good movie if you don't mind David Bowie and Muppets). Hmm, I might just follow in the footsteps of Tierra and begin doing some remakes (I have seen something recently about Lucasarts supposedly resurrecting FoA for the PS2 heaven help us).

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2003, 07:16:57 PM »

Ah. The answer to both parts is "that sucks".

Yeah, I know... it's stupid IMO to try to sell old games. I believe that the best approach for a company is to release their old games as freeware to the public than trying to sell 100 copies of them in a year.
Something like revolution did with "Lure of the temptress" and might do with "beneath a steel sky in the next 1-2 months.

The collectors packs were available here in Australia for a few years when I was younger, but I could never get my mother to get the one with the Indy 4 CD.

If you are really interested in buying the old games (cd versions) of LucasArts/LucasFilm games then you could try ebay. You can find almost everything there.

Oh and for the record, there is a game missing in the list, Lucasfilm Games in 1986 produced an Adventure game for the movie "The Labrinyth" (Good movie if you don't mind David Bowie and Muppets).

Hm... never heard of it. Are you sure that it was an adventure game? And the game's title was "The Labyrinth" also? Do you have it? Time for me to search for it....

Hmm, I might just follow in the footsteps of Tierra and begin doing some remakes (I have seen something recently about Lucasarts supposedly resurrecting FoA for the PS2 heaven help us).

Imo, it would be much better to create an original title and not only remake old games. I also believe that this is MUCH safer : LucasArts has shut down many amateur projects, and other companies have done the same thing many times in the past (and they will in the future too).
fl*p

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2003, 07:25:52 PM »

I just checked LucasArts site and noticed a few things.

1)They don't sell their older games anymore (Zak McKracken, Maniac mansion etc....). They were selling those games 6 months ago.

2)You can't even find information about those old classics. It's like they never existed!!! :( That sucks.
fl*p

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2003, 07:32:46 PM »

Another post... :)

I searched the net for "labyrinth" by Lucasarts and I have found some informations about it. It was created in 1986 by David Fox and was released for apple II and c64. I also find a great site here http://koti.mbnet.fi/~psychic/fin_games_lucasarts.html that has all (?) the boxes of lucasarts/lucasfilms games including the one from "labyrinth". BUT I didn't find anything about what kind of game it is.

EDIT: It seems that this game is really an adventure game (the first&only pre-scumm). It's easy to find the c64 version of the it... Thanks KA-su-MA-kun for sharing this information with us. :) I also edited the list I have posted.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2003, 07:48:26 PM by odnorf »
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2003, 08:25:18 PM »

Something like revolution did with "Lure of the temptress" and might do with "beneath a steel sky in the next 1-2 months.
Beneath a Steel Sky is about to be released for free? That's cool, I might finally play the game :)
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2003, 08:49:52 PM »

hi,

about that "labyrinth" - it seems it was a game by activision and lucasgames. if you consider it for legal, you can download the c64-version (i'm sure you already have some c64 emulator like VICE) here:

http://www.c64unlimited.net/games/l/Labyrinth/Labyrinth.htm

Mooh!

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2003, 09:00:53 PM »

hi,

about that "labyrinth" - it seems it was a game by activision and lucasgames. if you consider it for legal, you can download the c64-version (i'm sure you already have some c64 emulator like VICE) here:

http://www.c64unlimited.net/games/l/Labyrinth/Labyrinth.htm

Thanks... but... I am playing this game now! :)

Oh, and I think that it's illegal to download it, but I consider it to be "ethical correct" to download it, so no problem with me.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2003, 09:02:14 PM by odnorf »
fl*p

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2003, 09:07:13 PM »

Beneath a Steel Sky is about to be released for free? That's cool, I might finally play the game :)

AFAIK revolution has given the sources to everyone that asked them. That's the reason why the scummvm team has the game playable till the end so fast, they had the sources :) so no need for reverse enginering! Also the scummvm team has said that revolutions is thinking of releasing the game as freeware when it's playable with scummvm with no more big bugs (the current situation). But ofcourse we have to wait for the final decision of revolution guys. I just hope that they will release the cd version...
fl*p

KA-su-MA-kun

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2003, 04:20:44 AM »

Yes I know what they're like. But then I never said exactly what. There is a lot you can learn from revamping older games, if you do it right though.

It's always amazed me that Tierra haven't been touched by Sierra, since if anything Sierra is more interested in maintaining a stranglehold on their products than any other company still existing.

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2003, 10:11:47 AM »

Yes I know what they're like. But then I never said exactly what. There is a lot you can learn from revamping older games, if you do it right though.

Ofcourse you can learn many things if you try to remake old games. I am sure that the Tierra team has learned A LOT with their hard work. But I am still prefering original & new ideas than remakes. But if you really would like to create a remake I wish you good luck and I am looking forward to see your project :)

It's always amazed me that Tierra haven't been touched by Sierra, since if anything Sierra is more interested in maintaining a stranglehold on their products than any other company still existing.

Yeah, it's a mystery to me too. Oh... and there is a company that is more hardcore than Sierra in those matters : LucasArts. They have even threaten the scummvm team  ??? which is really stupid.
fl*p

KA-su-MA-kun

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2003, 03:49:25 PM »

Ofcourse you can learn many things if you try to remake old games. I am sure that the Tierra team has learned A LOT with their hard work. But I am still prefering original & new ideas than remakes. But if you really would like to create a remake I wish you good luck and I am looking forward to see your project :)

Yeah, it's a mystery to me too. Oh... and there is a company that is more hardcore than Sierra in those matters : LucasArts. They have even threaten the scummvm team  ??? which is really stupid.

Yeah I'd heard about the threats, there was a while there I thought Sierra had shut down Tierra. I managed to find a site which had the CD release of Indy 4 for download. Frankly I consider it fair to dl it since I've already bought the game once for over double what it was worth in all fairness.

Biggest problem I have with any project I want to do is tracking down someone to do what I can't. I'm at best a mediocre artist, and my music composition stinks normally (can't compose on a PC for some reason).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 23 queries.