Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: A couple of feature requests.  (Read 4383 times)

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
A couple of feature requests.
« on: December 29, 2005, 07:24:20 PM »

Hi Mnemonic,

it's me again ;)

I would love to have two features in WME. First one fairy simple but I think handy:

It would be excellent if in Sprite Edit was added one checkbox as Autoplay which would define if sprite animation starts when it is set to Active or not. Basically if Autoplay was off it would sit on the first frame until Animation is called. This would save some additional work
and could be IMO fairly simple to implement. (also some boolean Autoplay for entities for scripting)

Second feature I am not sure how easy would be, but it would be great (for plugin purposes) if just before you spit the whole screen
to monitor you make available the finalized image and prepare some hook beforeUpdate or something like that which will be called just before you throw it to the screen. I can see lots of useful applications of this ranging from image postprocessing to many other stuff. ;)

Thanks in advance.

J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: A couple of feature requests.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 11:27:14 PM »

I'm not too convinced about the Autoplay feature. What's the difference between assigning the first frame as a default sprite and then calling PlayAnim? One line of code?

As for the second suggestion, there's the WME_EVENT_SCENE_DRAW_END event which is send to plugins after the scene is drawn to back buffer and before the GUI is displayed.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 10:22:28 AM »

well, it's not only that because if you have more dynamic animations (and especially random), you have to do lots of reasigning. But if it's too much of a hassle forget that I've asked. I just thought it would be handy feature.

As for the WME_EVENT_SCENE_DRAW_END that's exactly what I need. So just to be sure - I can take

Direct3DDevice and query backbuffer as

d3device.GetBackBuffer(0, D3DBACKBUFFER_TYPE_MONO, SomeNewSurface); ?

That sounds very nice. :-) I'll try it soon.

Thanks again.

J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 06:35:53 PM »

As for the WME_EVENT_SCENE_DRAW_END that's exactly what I need. So just to be sure - I can take

Direct3DDevice and query backbuffer as
Yes, that should work, although I never tried that :)
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.