Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Problem exporting characters with Physique  (Read 4045 times)

Azrael

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Mad Orange
Problem exporting characters with Physique
« on: April 30, 2008, 04:28:02 PM »

Hi,
me and a friend, the artist, are doing some test for a possible game.
My friend have some problem exporting characters using 3D studio max 9 with Physique. After exporting in .x format the character seem to be ok but, when we try to play an animation, only the skeleton (done with biped) play it, the mesh don't move.

We have this problem only with Physique. My fried try with another modifier, skin, and all works. We also try to use some method find searching in this forum but none worked.

P.S.: Sorry for my poor english  :P

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Jyujinkai's WME Development Blog
Re: Problem exporting characters with Physique
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 07:41:11 PM »

We have this problem only with Physique. My fried try with another modifier, skin, and all works.

A guy goes to the doctor and says it hurts when i raise my arm like this. So the doctors says "Well do not raise your arm like that!"

Translation - Just use Skin. It is way better than physique anyway.
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe

Azrael

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Mad Orange
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 10:22:52 PM »

Yes, but i don't know if the example fit this situation :)

He said that Physique is easier and faster than skin, so he would use skin for the main character and Physique for secondary and others actors.

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Jyujinkai's WME Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 02:24:41 AM »

skin is is fact faster, as well as having better deformation tools.. Same way max has meshsmooth and turbosmooth,

In fact most people i know nvr use physique any more. Still like most stuff in 3D there is no "right way" you just use what ever gives yo results.. if he can get results in physique then use it.. but if Skin exports correctly and physique dosn't then.. well use skin.

On a side note if he prefers to use physique , you cna skin it with physique.. then apply skin to a copy of teh model and copy the deformation directly into the skin... then export... just a though.. though no idea why you wouldn't just use skin.
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe

Azrael

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Mad Orange
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 07:52:39 AM »

Tnx for the help :)

I will report to the artist :)

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.