Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Mouse hovering animations  (Read 2270 times)

kelmer

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Mouse hovering animations
« on: July 20, 2005, 02:26:16 PM »

Hi all, I'm new to this so I'll probably be posting a lot of help posts in the upcoming weeks.

Right now, I've got a problem with mouse cursors, which the guys at the irc channel were very kind to help me with, although I didn't come up with a solution, given my inexperience.

I want the mouse pointer to change to a highlighted one whenever the mouse is hovering over a hotspot. That is, I want this sequence yto be played:

1.Mouse is not on a hot-spot, a grey pointer is shown.

2.Player reaches a hotspot, an animation of the cursor turning to highlighted arrow is played.

3.Player is still on the hotspot, a static, highlighted version of the arrow is shown.

4.Player leaves the hotspot, an animation of the cursor turning from highlighted to gray is played.

5.Until the player reaches another hotspot, the previous static gray arrow is shown.

I (still) have no idea on scripting, but I am open to learn. But please, be explicit, for there is many chances of me not understanding :P

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Mouse hovering animations
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 09:55:15 AM »

In theory you'd only need to include the animation to your cursors, and if the cursor changes, the animation will play. In reality this doesn't work, because WME doesn't reset the cursor animation when changing from one cursor to another, so the animation only plays for the first time. I made a change so that WME DOES reset the animation now. It will be included in WME 1.5 (soon...).
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.