Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: ITEM CLOSEUPS  (Read 2406 times)

SBOVIS

• Frequent poster
  • FORGET REALITY SURRENDER TO YOUR DARKEST DREAMS
    • View Profile
    • LIMBO of the LOST
ITEM CLOSEUPS
« on: January 16, 2006, 07:23:35 PM »

Hi all,
At the momnet in my game I have a scene for item closeups, when the player clicks on LOOK AT and an item in Inventory it shows a closeup of the item - (scene) then clicking on RETURN takes you back to the scene you were in.

This is all well and good but I would like to do the following -

The closeups are in a defined WINDOW not scene, and when the player activates the closeup (see above) the WINDOW appears and the scene that is in the background freezes all animation and greys out.

I was thinking of adding a region (decoration) with it grey in colour that covers the entire screen - 1024 x 768 and turning this on/off to get the effect of it greyed out with a colour window showing the item.

Then when the player clicks return it fades the window (know how to do this - Thanks THEDEMAN) and unfreezes the animation in the scene and turns off the grey shading.

Is this possible ??

Am I on the right track or not??

kind Regards
Steve Bovis
MAJESTIC STUDIOS

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: ITEM CLOSEUPS
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 03:57:56 PM »

Well if you wanted to completely freeze the game, you'd have to use the system-exclusive window. But I really wouldn't recommend doing so, because the system exclusive windows aren't intended for in-game content.
Freezing the game isn't a good idea anyway, because it would effectively freeze the possible animations used in that window and some other things.

So, using a window - yes, that shouldn't be a problem, but freezing the game using system-exclusive window - rather not.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.