Wintermute Engine > Scripts, plugins, utilities, goodies

Sunny Demo

(1/4) > >>

McCoy:
At last I finished it! The demo features lens flares and a day/night cycle with smooth transitions.

Link to the compiled exe: http://master.math.upatras.gr/~odnorf/mccoy/sunnyDemo.exe

Link to the sources: http://master.math.upatras.gr/~odnorf/mccoy/sunnyDemoSources.exe

A pic:

Hope you like it!!!

P.S. Then, who won the bet?  ;D

EDIT: Updated the links and the images, thanks odnorf for hosting the files! BTW, I lost my Adventure Developers hosting... I don't know why though, all the rest of hosted sites are working, and I didn't recieve any e-mail from them telling my why they deleted the site and denied me acces... But I don't mind, now I have a domain and new server and all the stuff, so to hell with them ;)

odnorf:
As I have already told you, it's great! And thanks for sharing the code with us  ;D

I don't have the time to check it now, but what are those values on the top left corner in the first screenshot. AFAIK wme doesn't display those things in debug mode. Am I forgeting something?

When I run the game from the Project Manager the engine can't find math.dll although it's at the correct place. Why is that happening? (I guess that the engine can't search for dll files inside the project's directory. Can this change Mnemonic?)

PS. Maybe it would be better to make those screenshots external links. With the size they have now they make the post difficult to read. But this is only my impression.
PS.2. Hehe! Another one that is using 7-zip! Am I pressing you a lot guys? :)
PS.3. If we accept as "finished time" this new version that you posted here, I am the winner of the bet. If not Jerrot and Mnemonic share the first place and I am last.

Mnemonic:
Excellent stuff, McCoy! It works like a charm and looks VERY VERY impressive!

--- Quote from: odnorf on August 15, 2003, 05:01:38 PM ---When I run the game from the Project Manager the engine can't find math.dll although it's at the correct place. Why is that happening? (I guess that the engine can't search for dll files inside the project's directory. Can this change Mnemonic?)

--- End quote ---
The DLL should be in the same folder as the project *file* (lens_flares.wpr), it will work then.

McCoy:

--- Quote from: odnorf on August 15, 2003, 05:01:38 PM ---I don't have the time to check it now, but what are those values on the top left corner in the first screenshot. AFAIK wme doesn't display those things in debug mode. Am I forgeting something?

--- End quote ---

Those are just Game.Msg things for debugging, they've been erased in the final release ;)

odnorf:
Some suggestions to make the package WAY smaller.

file:  \data\lensflares\background.bmp
This file is only black. You can reduce the colors to index-based
and save it as a png file.
Results:  background.bmp -> 2.359..350
               background.png -> 8.335
(BIG difference, don't you think. And after the final compression for
distribution the difference is not THAT big but it is still big enough.)
The same thing you can do for most of the images when you create just
"technology" :) demos.  "Sky night.bmp for example can be reduced a lot".

Also, don't use TGA files, they usually take too much space, and doesn't compress
as much as BMP files, and never reach the size of the PNG format.

file:  sunrise\background.bmp
What this file is supposed to be :) You have forgotten, didn't you? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version