Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: border  (Read 3175 times)

fireside

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
border
« on: June 05, 2013, 05:15:42 PM »

I have a 16X9 computer, but when we set the screen to 1366 X 768, I get a black border all around and a smaller view area.  It wouldn't be bad for my computer which is 1600 X 900, but many people run at much higher resolutions these days.   Is it because it isn't a supported resolution from the video card?  Or what is best in that situation to work in a reasonable resolution.

dongo

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: border
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 07:25:27 PM »

Hello, the black area is the diference between your desktop resolution, and  game resolution, if you dont like this area, set your desktop resolution same values as your game.

You can use any resolution supported by your pc, but you must do the scene template with the resulution that you like it.

here a post where speak about this http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=5177.0

Now i ask me, are there some function to change the desktop resolution when the game start and recover the original resolution at end??
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:33:27 PM by dongo »

fireside

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: border
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:58:37 PM »

OK, I get full screen if I use 1280 X 720 and "use desktop resolution" isn't set to on.  I guess that would be best then.  I thought I had tested it earlier, but I think I didn't notice use desktop was on.  Apparently my monitor isn't a true 16X9, but it still goes full screen on that resolution and scrolls a little bit, so it should work for most computers. 

edit:  It was just scrolling because the background was still 1366X728, but it's still the most common resolution I think.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:20:21 PM by fireside »

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.