Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Banshee  (Read 4345 times)

madradubhcroga

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Banshee
« on: August 09, 2010, 07:17:07 PM »

Hi there.

This is my first post at Wintermute.  I spent some time working with AGS (Adventure game studio) and I’m thinking of making the change to Wintermute.

I’m going to post something here; kind of dipping my toe in the Mutepool.

So I'd like to talk a little about this game I'm working on, (provisionally) called 'Banshee', but first a little context.

(It’s late and I'm tired; please excuse simplifications made in the interest of getting my ass into bed post haste.)

There’r things I'd spell out to anybody not into Indie Videogame Design, that I don't feel I have to tell you;  Stuff about computer games as art, about the commercial game industry being
Monolithic and trapped on a technological vector which has shot past vast realms of creative inquiry,... all that stuff.

There’s other stuff that maybe you aren't so familiar with, which is relevant to

madradubhcroga

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Banshee
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 05:26:52 PM »

...so, the mute-pool is chilly :-\

I don't want to bring down the wrath of Nimda by using this forum as a personal blog.
It'd be stupid to, because my gameblog is right here:

http://madradubhcroga.blogspot.com/

But I do want to keep talking about this game and get some input maybe, share, and psych myself up for the task.

I have a copy of RMXP (Roleplaying Game Maker for Win XP) and I've spent many a bitter hour fretting with its map making system.  What a nightmare. I'm smitten by the kind of games it can make, and it'd be a dream to work with,  if only you could just import backgrounds like you can with Wintermute.  The kind of game it makes is charming and beautiful.  I'd love Banshee to look and play like an RMXP game.  It's just never going to happen that way, because of that infernal mapmaking system.  What were they thinking??  It's like working with some kind of incredibly tedious Lego Jigsaw. Wearing ovenmittens.  In a tub of enraged piranha-spiders.

No, I'm going to Burton it up with a wild and weird cardboard cityscape in my apartment, to be photographed and photoshoped and *click* imported as background into Wintermute.  I'm sure Wintermute will have it's own set of stresses and horrors, but for me, that RMXP one is insurmountable.

No worries.  It's been a few months now, and I still think 'Banshee' is a savage concept for a videogame. 

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.