Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: Star Trek: Origins Adventure-Game needs Support  (Read 5470 times)

mr_werns

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Star Trek: Origins Adventure-Game needs Support
« on: July 08, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »

Hi,
my name is Werner and I'm running a Project called Star Trek: Origins. It's a "classic" Point- & Click-Adventure-Game taking place aboard the Enterprise NX-01 and which is in development for quite a time...
Inspiration for that project is and was, that there where no good adventure since a final unity out of the star trek univers ... thats a pity!
We care much about the story and the puzzles so there is not much more to see than some concept-arts and a trailer (http://www.startrekorigins.de/downloads/).

Slowly but surely we're reach the point where all the puzzles are done (story is final - already 6 of 9 chapters are designed), so we're in need of qualified people who might can help us, creating this new episode from ENT.
Especially we're searching for people for the following tasks:

- Background-Creation & Animation
- Sprite-/Charakter-Creation
- 3D-Cutscene-Animators
- Translators (german-english)

We're planing to use the Wintermute Adventure-Engine and all the scenes we want to do in 3D (of course including some fine-tuning within Photoshop).

Until this was a german-language project till now, there are some "barriers" to join our game... so if you can speak german this would be an advantage. We are working on the translation of all the material which we've created yet, but until this is a non-commercial-project we would more like to put our time in finishing the game, than trying to translate all the "history-stuff"

But: Because the game shall become famous to all star trek fans, a english version is obligatory... so if here is somebody who is interested to help us with the localisation - please get in contact.

Everyone who is willing to help us - we would be happy to hear from you at info@startrekorigins.de.

Thanks in Advance
Werner

mr_werns

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Origins Adventure-Game needs Support
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 09:01:09 AM »

We are currently working on a translation of all the posts and pages, so that not only german can participate.
Please remain patient until this is much work to do ;)

Best
Werner

Spellbreaker

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Apeiron Studios
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 12:22:32 AM »

Hey there,

I don't want to put you into bad mood, but I guess that you'll get copyright-infringement-troubles with Warner with your game, since you are using design/names/logos/fonts etc etc. This can be a quite expensive lawsuit....as other "fangames" already ran into such problems.

So you should really think about it to put so much efford into a Project like that, with the "result" that you probably may never release it.

greets,

spellbreaker

mr_werns

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 09:42:31 AM »

Hey there,

I don't want to put you into bad mood, but I guess that you'll get copyright-infringement-troubles with Warner with your game, since you are using design/names/logos/fonts etc etc. This can be a quite expensive lawsuit....as other "fangames" already ran into such problems.

So you should really think about it to put so much efford into a Project like that, with the "result" that you probably may never release it.

greets,

spellbreaker

know what you mean.
but there are other fan-projects that are being tolerated so what we hope is, that origins will be tolerated, too.
I'm a fan of star trek and I put much passion into this project because I'm a fan ... "Risk is part of the game if you want to sit in that chair" ;)

Origins is and will be a non-commercial-project for all the fan's who liked "judgment rites", "25th anniversary" and "a final unity" and until ENT aren't the crown jewels of Star Trek, there might be a chance, that nobody feels his rights violated. The fact that the actual license-holders don't seam to plan something like a new point-and-click-adventure for star trek, supports that thinking.

We know about the problems and we've talked about them in the team ... but: we've decided to take the risk and if there is no accusant, we'll hopefully being "ignored" - because we don't endamage something or somebody.

Werner

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.