Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Dialog again  (Read 2405 times)

wedge

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Dialog again
« on: March 12, 2007, 04:11:37 PM »

Hello.

First thanks for the previous answers, I'm still having one little issue and I should be okay or almost for the dialog structure for my project. my take on this game which is based on an anime. Is to use some kind of Japanese game style dialog interface, with high quality pictures depicting the character face. I guess you see what I mean, sorry if it is not verry clear.

I've managed to create a window to display the information in, I've done everything so that I continue using the standard dialog feature of WME, the Talk, AddResponse, GetResponse base function. I've only one little thing which I hope can be solve easily. Actuallythe thing I do is to load my own dialog window as the response box wont show except when an answer has to be chosen. So I make a close window to use as background instead, the only problem is that once it came to selecting answers it wont work. Or well it is working but you can't see the text because it seems the text is displayed behind when it came to the choice of answer, while the text actually displayed by the Talk function is above.

So my take on this is that there is two ways of solving this, either I can do something to be sure the Questions will appear above this new window, Either there is a way to make the response box to appear always during a dialog and having static part I can change. Either by creating them in the resposne.def file and then changing the picture through the window getControl function.

Else I'm quite happy with the software, I'm gearing up to make a demo for a french event called the Japan Expo which will take place in July and will of course provide link about the demo once it'll be ready.

Thanks for the advice.
If a life is without a dream.
What aim have this life ?
If a life is without love.
Which happiness are we talking about?

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Dialog again
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 08:00:33 PM »

I believe if you add the following line to your window definition:

IN_GAME = TRUE

the window will display below the response box.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

wedge

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Dialog again
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 08:35:32 AM »

perfect it is just waht I needed :) Thanks a lot
If a life is without a dream.
What aim have this life ?
If a life is without love.
Which happiness are we talking about?

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.