Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: What sets the Inventory Cursor?  (Read 2168 times)

Kaz

• Arberth Studios
  • Regular poster
  • The story is the game
    • View Profile
    • Info on 'Rhiannon' & 'Coven'
What sets the Inventory Cursor?
« on: May 24, 2008, 07:42:42 PM »

Hi all

I have two games, both based on the same materials. The cursor on inventory objects is different in one than in the other. Their settings for 'Cursor' and 'ActiveCursor' are the same in the table on the left hand side of Project Manager. The inventory.def files are a straight copy. I must have missed something, but I can't understand why the inventory cursors are different.

What sets the cursors over the inventory?

Thanks as usual. (I bet JB didn't ask this many questions when he was writing TLC).    ???
\"Fans of popular horror adventures like Scratches and Barrow Hill should start bracing themselves for another haunting experience, as independent developer Arberth Studios has announced production on its debut title Rhiannon - Curse of the Four Branches.\" - AdventureGamers.com

Kaz

• Arberth Studios
  • Regular poster
  • The story is the game
    • View Profile
    • Info on 'Rhiannon' & 'Coven'
Re: What sets the Inventory Cursor?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 07:34:52 AM »

Hi all,

It's OK, I think I've got it. Game.SetActiveCursor(cursorfilename); seems to work. If I understand it correctly, the 'Active Cursor' is the one that's over the 'Active Object', and that can be anything the mouse cursor can interact with. I realise you can have lots of Active Cursors - a right-hand arrow for turning right, a left-hand arrow for left and so on; but in our case, the Active Cursor is a finger to point at objects the player may want to examine or take. And in our case, that finger will be the default 'Active Cursor'. 

Works for me.

Amazing what a night's sleep will do for problem solving!  :)

Cheers
\"Fans of popular horror adventures like Scratches and Barrow Hill should start bracing themselves for another haunting experience, as independent developer Arberth Studios has announced production on its debut title Rhiannon - Curse of the Four Branches.\" - AdventureGamers.com

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.