Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Nested Window with "Menu" on true makes other elements unusable?  (Read 3841 times)

Darky

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Spreadcamp
Nested Window with "Menu" on true makes other elements unusable?
« on: February 10, 2011, 04:03:32 AM »

Maybe this is a bug. I made a imitation of a Computer Desktop through a Window that has lots of Nested Windows for different Areas. To control it I made a Taskbar with a Startmenu that is also a nested window and I tried to set the Startmenu Window Property "Menu" to true in order to hide the Startmenu again if the User clicks somewhere else on the Fake-Computer Screen.

Unfortunately I noticed once I did that, all other elements in the Parent Window stopped working alltogether. Doesn't matter if its another nested window or just a button in the parent window, they all just don't accept any Mouse Input anymore except in the Startmenu Window that has "Menu" to true. If I click outside the Startmenu to make it disappear those other elements still don't accept Inputs.

Is this Intentional Behavior or a Bug?

I don't necessarily require a solution (how's that for a change!), I'd just like to know if this has another cause than a potential screwup on my side ;)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Nested Window with "Menu" on true makes other elements unusable?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 09:14:51 PM »

I don't think nested windows were ever intended to support the .Menu notion. Menus should always be separate top-level windows.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Darky

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Spreadcamp
Re: Nested Window with "Menu" on true makes other elements unusable?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 03:53:48 AM »

I understand. Time to do some new single-windows to load seperately ;)
By the way I have found out that the "Editor" textfield in such a nested window causes the same problems. <- Sorry, not fully true. It happened in a new window too but only because I forgot to have it go SystemExclusive.

Thanks for your fast reply.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:33:51 PM by Darky »

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.