Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: Sprite animation  (Read 6162 times)

ClémentXVII

• Lurker
  • Ralph the Wonder Llama
    • View Profile
Sprite animation
« on: January 23, 2003, 09:28:11 AM »

Hello,

I just heard about your engine at adventuredevelopers and downloaded it, it's great!

The GUI is pretty easy to understand, and allows us to navigate easily across the project.

I have a small question about the animation of actors:

From what I've seen, there are separate animations for talking, walking, using,...  is it possible to enable 'superposition' of different animation like in some Lucasarts games, in order to enable an actor to walk and talk at the same time, or do I have to draw a Walk'n'Talk animation separately?

I think it may be possible using some kind of layer system, defining an area of the body that uses a walk animation (e.g. body), and adding a 'talking head' on top of it.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:Sprite animation
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 09:45:03 AM »

In SpriteEdit, the individual animation frames can be composed of multiple images, i.e. you can have for example one body picture and overlay different heads on it.
But it can only be used for simple animations, there's currently no way of overriding the default walking animation (although it's about to change...).
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.