Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Questions about animated cursor and selected item  (Read 3573 times)

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Questions about animated cursor and selected item
« on: July 17, 2010, 01:34:26 AM »

Hi All!

When I try to use animated sprite with the Game.SetCursor() function, the animation is not works, cursor is displayed only the first frame of animation (in SpriteEdit all ok, loop working etc). Why? Or animated cursor is not supported in wme?

Second question is about selected item. When I choose the item in inventory, item is attaching to the cursor and disappearing from the inventory. I can move this object by cursor moving, but... but i need to operate this attached object by the script. For example I need to make it invisible for a some time or after the right click I need this object to fly to the inventory fluently instead of instant transfer by default (by Game.SelectedItem == null). But I cant get access to the attached object - I dont know what is it (this object is not equal to the inventory item as I understand). And question is - is it possible to move (rotate, scale, etc) attached object as I want?

PS. Don't shoot for my bad English, I'm talking as I can :)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Questions about animated cursor and selected item
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »

Item cursor is really just a cursor, not an actual object which you can move around. So if you wanted to display such animation, you'd need to place an actual entity in scene, and make it follow the mouse pointer.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 23 queries.