Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Dark Fall: Lost Souls & Scratches  (Read 8009 times)

Chaoss

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Dark Fall: Lost Souls & Scratches
« on: July 23, 2011, 06:03:57 AM »

Last year I played a game called Dark Fall: Lost Souls and the other day I bought Scratches: Directors Cut from Steam and was wondering if Wintermute Engine would be capable of designing something in either of those styles?

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Dark Fall: Lost Souls & Scratches
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 08:45:01 AM »

Dark Fall: Lost Souls is in fact made with Wintermute Engine :)
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Chaoss

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 11:38:48 AM »

Dark Fall: Lost Souls is in fact made with Wintermute Engine :)

Oh really? I didn't think it could do 360 panoramic scenes?

Also the other concern I have with the engine is the last announcement was more than a year ago, have the lead developers abandoned the engine?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:40:20 AM by Chaoss »

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 12:13:46 PM »

WME is not designed to natively do 360 node based panoramic games but the developer of Lost Souls did a fancy trick. The scenes are composed by a camera that is inside a 3D object (sphere?) with the texture from the inside.

Also the other concern I have with the engine is the last announcement was more than a year ago, have the lead developers abandoned the engine?

Why? If the engine has all the features you need I see no issue.

Apart from that the development hasn't stopped, it just shifted focus. A few weeks ago Mnemonic released WME Lite which is a multiplatform version of WME without the 3D features which currently runs on iOS, MacOS, Windows & it was successfully tested on Linux. And also the last year he is working on WME 2 which is a new engine.
fl*p

Chaoss

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 10:36:10 PM »

WME is not designed to natively do 360 node based panoramic games but the developer of Lost Souls did a fancy trick. The scenes are composed by a camera that is inside a 3D object (sphere?) with the texture from the inside.

Why? If the engine has all the features you need I see no issue.

Apart from that the development hasn't stopped, it just shifted focus. A few weeks ago Mnemonic released WME Lite which is a multiplatform version of WME without the 3D features which currently runs on iOS, MacOS, Windows & it was successfully tested on Linux. And also the last year he is working on WME 2 which is a new engine.

True, oh that's good, and I didn't realise Mnemonic was lead developer hehe, glad to see it's still active. and 3D objects?? i thought this was a 2D engine

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 24 queries.