Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: WMECom 1.1  (Read 9156 times)

Banbury

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama! Mooh!
    • View Profile
WMECom 1.1
« on: November 30, 2005, 09:35:23 AM »

Hi,
I was finally able to compile a new version of the WMECom plugin, with the new plugin features of WME.

WMECom 1.1

This version removes all the akward wrapping mechanisms I had to use in the previous versions, thanks to the new ability to create plugin objects from within plugins (thanks Mnemonic!). It's also no longer necessary to release objects manually.
Using COM in WME is now just as easy as in Visual Basic :).

Code: [Select]
// this class initializes COM support and has to be a created once (and only once) before you can use any other COM object
var com = new WMECom();

// Create a new COM object
var xml = new WMEComObject("MSXML2.DomDocument");
// node holds the COM-Object as a WME plugin-object
var node = xml.createElement("Node1");
xml.appendChild(node);

node.text = "This is a new node.";

Game.LOG(xml.xml);

Greetings

Banbury

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: WMECom 1.1
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 03:09:09 PM »

Ah, cool 8) The link seems to be broken, though...?
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 10:45:36 PM »

Ah, cool 8) The link seems to be broken, though...?

Cool indeed, I'm still trying to find some interesting use for it and I'm sure there is, but I'm not creative enough. :) (I read the  idea of using it to send SP*M-Mails in the background though... ;))

Come on, did anybody already have some good idea for it besides the XML thing that I myself like a lot?

Thanks Banbury! Again! ;)

Ow, PS: the link worked fine for me!
PPS: and still does!
Mooh!

McCoy

• The cocido eater
  • Frequent poster
  • Spurrrrrrring
    • View Profile
    • Spur Games
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 06:57:59 AM »

Maybe it can open interaction with web services via XML, thus allowing creation of on-line adventures... using web services. Web 2.0 ahoy! :D

Click here to sign my sig!

Banbury

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama! Mooh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 10:47:34 AM »

The link does work for me, too. But the server is somewhat unreliable, so simply try again :).

And thanks for the praise. I admit that I do not know what to do with this plugin, either. I wrote it just to show how powerful WME's plugin system is. And I like a good challenge :).

tnomad

• Studio Trophis
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Studio Trophis
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 10:15:39 AM »

Maybe it can open interaction with web services via XML, thus allowing creation of on-line adventures... using web services. Web 2.0 ahoy! :D

Now that is a really interesting idea. Collaborative puzzle solving and story telling would be quite interesting. As long as you could put together a design that has a smaller scope than some kind of MMORPG.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 11:48:56 AM »

Indeed. It has been discussed many times in various forums. It seems everyone feels it would be cool, but no one knows how to do it :)
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

tnomad

• Studio Trophis
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Studio Trophis
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 04:28:01 PM »

Yeah I had a search around the forum after posting here and and saw some of the discussion.

I think I've got an idea of how you could do this in WME using PHP and XML. I might try and put together a prototype of moving a couple of character around in the same environment, and talking to each other. (I'll probably just re-use white chamber art to test it out ^_^)

I'm not really looking toward getting into another big adventure game project at the moment as we're working on something else at the moment and have plans for the next title too. However I am "interested" in seeing if something small can be developed along these lines without huge resources.

I kind of like the idea of 2-4 people working together on solving puzzles in the same environment. To me it's one of those unique ideas that could be really fantastic if it works. I never played it but didn't Uru (the online Myst) do something like this, did anyone play it? [actually that question is going a bit OT in this thread]
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 04:30:00 PM by tnomad »

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.