Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: Stationary Character in Scene - treat as actor, item, or sprite?  (Read 2606 times)

RHK

• Lurker
    • View Profile

I have several scenes with fixed characters.  In these scenes, I will need dialogue trees to interact with the stationary characters.  Should i treat these characters as actors, sprites, or what?  I'm treating them as actors now, but when I leave the scene, I have to make them inactive, or they stay onscreen in the next scene.  I can hardcode them to be inactive, but that adds a lot of redundant code.  If I treat them as a sprite, can I dialogue with them?

Just getting into WME, so this is a newb question.  Thanks for your advice and patience! :)

robot

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Stationary Character in Scene - treat as actor, item, or sprite?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 09:37:48 PM »

hi there,

to your questions:

I'm treating them as actors now, but when I leave the scene, I have to make them inactive, or they stay onscreen in the next scene

you have to load them with Scene.LoadActor("..."), then they are only active within the scene and will automatically unload when you leave it

Should i treat these characters as actors, sprites, or what?

you can dialog with entitys, region entitys or actors, they all have the talk method, but if your character should walk you should use them as actor.

RHK

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Stationary Character in Scene - treat as actor, item, or sprite?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 10:32:29 PM »

Awesome.  Thank you very much  ;)

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.