Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: 2 questions.  (Read 3614 times)

VirusPunk

• Lurker
    • View Profile
2 questions.
« on: November 24, 2005, 08:38:43 AM »

Is there a tutorial out there that teaches the basics of 3D Geometry and how it works? Also can I use 3D Studio Max V7 instead of V8?

(E.G. Resident Evil camera angles)

How do you change the icon for your game.exe.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 08:51:29 AM by VirusPunk »

Columbo

• Supporter
  • Lurker
  • Just one more thing...
    • View Profile
Re: 2 questions.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 10:42:14 AM »

Is there a tutorial out there that teaches the basics of 3D Geometry and how it works? Also can I use 3D Studio Max V7 instead of V8?

(E.G. Resident Evil camera angles)

How do you change the icon for your game.exe.

1. There are a lot of tutorials but the best ones come with the software itself. I know all 3D Studio versions since version 3 have included outstanding tutorials on everything from geometry to cloth or hair. I am not sure of any free online resources for learning 3DS Max, but if you're keen on 3d modelling and really want to learn 3DS Max, I recommend you purchase a book.

If you need help implementing your 3d Models (be it a character or a scene) then you should have a look at the WME documentation. There's an entire chapter dedicated to 3D Characters (look in the Contents tab of the help window) and for 3d implementation within your scene, there are some instructions found under the same section, labelled "Principles and Requirements".

Also, it shouldn't matter if you use MAX 8 or MAX 7. Camera techniques haven't changed since 3DS Max 4.

Someone else may have a better answer than that.

2. Ok - changing an icon is easy. To change the icon, open up WME Project Manager, go to the Project menu, and then click on Project Settings. Down the bottom of the window is a checkbox called "Change Icon To:". Click it. Then click on the ellipsis button (the three dots) and a open file window will appear. Browse to your icon's location, click it, and then press Open.

Done! You now have a new icon. :)

Hope that helps.

VirusPunk

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: 2 questions.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 06:44:42 AM »

Thanks alot man, I'm glad I didn't get 3DSM7 for nothing. And thanks for the icon thing as well, I was lost in a hazey cloud.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.