Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Professional composer available - Nikolas Sideris -  (Read 3651 times)

nikolas

• Lurker
  • I wish that was me, then all males would be lucky
    • View Profile
    • My music
Professional composer available - Nikolas Sideris -
« on: March 01, 2008, 09:42:22 AM »

Hi all.
There is already a thread about me, but it was made 2-3 years ago, and I feel that I really have moved on since then, so I would like to take this opportunity and re-introduce myself, my work and the services I can offer.

My name is Nikolas Sideris and I'm a composer and sound designer. I'm finishing in the end of 2008 my Phd in composition. Other formal qualifications include an MMus in composition, with distinction, degrees in harmony and counterpoint and a diploma in piano, with distinction.

Following are some examples of my work. More samples can be heard in my website at ||Nikolas Sideris||

Dragon. An epic, orchestral track with loud recognisable melody and big percussion!
The Forgotten Element. A calm orchestral track, with a choir and the soprano Sofia Zarani
Paws. A short loop, in retro style.
Ed. Some jazz, with solist the trombonist Robin Jessome.
Evil. A nu metal track, featuring heavy guitars, heavy bass, heavy drums and heavy processing.
Inferno. An industrial track, with heavily distorted bass lines.
Exeliksis For String Orchestra. A contemporary classical piece, conducted by Neil Ferris. As a classically trained composer, I can create scores and playable parts for a live orchestra, should the need arise and budget permiting.

I can provide music to picture, whether this is a normal video, or story based animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGTxVOrIj3Y
with normal orchestration,

but also provide music and inovative sound design for more abstract animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1YskdpHzM
All sounds were created from piano and strings samples.

or even some sick soundtrack for an otherwise cute animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NHzG5CSRtU
made from bits and pieces of audio material from a string quartet.

As a sound designer I can supply sound effects, readily available from the top libraries altered for the needs of each situation, or custom made, realistic or abstract. Very able in audio manipulation, any treatment I can be given in audio files, including cleaning up voice acting, matching volume, creation of effects based on existing recordings, etc.

My PhD thesis, includes 2 music creations, which are accompanied by the appropriate software and are closely related to interactive elements in music. Different layers in a music track, or adaptive music should present no problem.

Following is a list of computer games I've worked on, providing music, sound design and sound effects.

Resonance (unreleased), by XII Games
Diamonds in the Rough, by Atropos Studios
A Tale Of Two Kingdoms, by Crystal Shard studios
Thale Cres, by brothers Noren
What Linus Bruckman Sees When His Eyes Are Closed, by XII Games

For more information, or a quote, or maybe a friendly chat, please contact me at mail *AT* nikolas-sideris *DOT* com.

Nikolas Sideris

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.