Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Pizza Morgana Is Here!  (Read 5957 times)

SoundGuy

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Pizza Morgana Is Here!
« on: August 16, 2009, 10:37:59 AM »

Hey Muties!

Finally, it’s here! Pizza Morgana's first episode, "Monsters and Manipulations in The Magical Forest," is now available for purchase at our website, and there’s also a free demo!

So go over to: http://pizza-morgana.com/  and get your free slice!

Pizza Morgana lets you play the charming tale of a young girl who is accidentally teleported into a magical dimension filled with monsters, vampires, faeries, and daemons, which all just happen to be employed as pizza delivery guys.

In the first episode you get to play through the events that lead to Jackie's teleportation into the world of TerraMagia and thereafter. This episode also introduces Abbie Positive, the pizza delivery vampire that acts as Jackie's guide through the magical world, and a Watcher, who is like a robotic hybrid cop that enforces TerraMagian laws. Enjoy multi-linear game play with hilarious consequences by playing parts of the game as Jackie or as Abbie Positive, the vampire.

Pizza Morgana also features the voices of some famous Hollywood actors: Mia Alon as Jackie, Claudia Christian as Abbie Positive, and Robin Atkin Downes as the Watcher. Among their many onscreen and in-game appearances, both Claudia Christian and Robin Atkin Downes are Babylon 5 alumni, and veteran voice recording actors in the game industry.

The game was developed with Wintermute, and i think we're taking the engine to the extreme and stretching the boundaries of what can be done with it, like cel shading without a shader, comic baloons, and camera changes to closeups and even facebook connectivity.

You can check out gameplay video at our video gallery page:
http://pizza-morgana.com/gallery/video
So go and order-in your copy of Pizza Morgana Episode 1 at our store:
http://pizza-morgana.com/store

We also invite you to check out our forums ( http://corporate.corbomitegames.com/forums/ ) , join us on our Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pizza-Morgana/38369232355)  or Follow  us on Twitter ( http://twitter.com/corbomite ).

Now, go, play, have fun, and tell us what you think!

Oded Sharon
CEO, Corbomite Games.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Pizza Morgana Is Here!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 06:45:19 PM »

Hey Oded, congratulations on the release! I finished episode 1 and it was a lot of fun. Probably the biggest problem is that it might be a bit too short, because the puzzles are quite easy. But I guess balancing the game length is a common problem for episodic content.
Other than that, there are only some minor issues. The inventory items should be interactive within the whole inventory cell, the non-interactive mouse pointer might be semi-transparent, because it tends to get in the way of subtitles sometime. The voice volume of different characters seemed to be too different. Oh by the way, the voice acting is great, IMO, especially Jackie.

I've seen people criticizing the graphics. Personally I like the comic style. Everything blends together nicely. The speech bubbles and the next objective are nice touches.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

SoundGuy

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 06:57:57 PM »

well, if we'd have made it any longer, it wouldn't have been released on Aug16th 2009 but 2012 :)
there are still many bugs in it, for example sometimes the daemon script that is there to have abbie call the portal service and ask for the words gets stuck or worse - disappears.

you might be right about the non interactive mouse pointer. didn't think about it.
I'm not sure what you mean about the whole inventory cell, but i'll take a look at how it is done and see what i can do.
in any case, all improvements will be in Episode 2 which we're working on now.

I like the graphics myself. I don't like that metallic unrealistic looking pre-rendered photorealistic 3D myself.

getting the camera closeups was especially hard, and it causes problems (model glitches) in scenes like when you call the pizza. you can even see them in the gameplay video
for some reason, an inactive actor retains its old animation even though i've set it with a new one a few seconds. also putting a sleep() in place didn't work.
there are other bugs and stuffs that you can find my posts about in the forums :)

Alex ASP

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Russian adventure web portal
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 08:49:21 AM »

I think Mnemonic means the trouble with targeting cursor on coins you take from table - only top left of inventory cell is active.

You can also open bag twice to get keys (the second time you already have keys in your inventory). When you get keys second time "I should see if it actually works" voice file is not played.

BTW, the game is nice but really too short. I finished it in half an hour on hard level. I also have a question, does registration of episode one unlock save feature only or does it enable some additional features? In other words what is the difference between demo and full mode of the game?

Ah, I got it, the game continues from the same exe when you buy it?.. It is not obvious, though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 08:59:29 AM by Alex ASP »

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.