Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Graphic Artist looking for Help with Coding, Music, and WME for a big project.  (Read 5376 times)

kuraiummei

• Lurker
    • View Profile

Hello,

My name is Kei, and I'd really like your help. Last summer I decided I wanted to turn a world that had been rolling around inside my head into reality. At first I tried short stories and single images, but those just weren't enough to capture the expansive ideas I had. Eventually, I ran across the Wintermute Engine, and with a shout of glee decided to make a game of it.

So should you help? Well a lot of the talent here seems to want to know how 'conceptualized' this project is, which is fair, so here is what I have so far:

I have a complete text story board for the main plot, and 20 or so side quests; an animated text logo that 'writes' itself, an intro screen bg, a text box graphic, a base UI widget graphic that should be able to hold the in game clock, items, and money count, and a pause screen backdrop. A large, colorful world map is complete too. I have script written out for the first several chapters, and a few of the longer side quests (Complete with cinematographic notes for the few short animations needed to bring it to life.) I also have the first two chapters and a large side quest acted out in a non-finalized mp3 of voice acting courtesy of a few talented friends. Also, I have several digitally painted back grounds complete; not to mention a beginning area, an almost complete first city, and partial work on a few other up-and-coming locations. Mind you that these 'areas' are single 2d images done in the highest quality and resolution I am capable of, set to a large width so that the character can walk across and have the screen scroll with them. Next, I have a short teaser of partially animated silhouettes talking with voice over and subtitles, and another of the main character waking up in a field (part of the intro movie). Oh, and an almost complete 2d animation of the main character walking (colored), which I'm still debating changing up for a cuter Japanese style sprite. I also made her entire 3d model in blender, but couldn't figure out how to animate it. /shrug/ Moving on, The cast is complete, and I have simple sketches for all of them. 9/45 of them are completely drawn and colored, but I have yet to make more then a few 'emotions' for each. (For in-game dialogues, think J-RPG style.) Waiting on finalizing the script so I will know all the emotions I will need to be drawing before I start with the emotion set for each character. Not done yet! As any good game should, this game will have many items and it's own economy. For items, I have 42 images complete of varying things like crystals, pottery, potions, herbs, etc. As for the economy, that is one of the things that will need it's own unique scripts, fyi.

So, what is this project really? It's a slow but steady crawl from ideas to a real game that I fully intend to sell on Steam, and/or someday include in a humble bundle. Who do I really need to help me? Someone who understands some code, and enough about the Wintermute engine to come up with a few widgets, advise me on what the engine will and wont be able to bring to life, and help me put it all together. If you're interested, email me at xxkuraiummeixx@hotmail.com, and I'd be happy to talk with you about any questions you have.

If you join my team, your input will really be taken into account for not only code or music, but even the game's story. I will require a signed e-agreement of non-disclosure and such of the game content to avoid an idea theft before I will send any files or art to you. As for profit, and effort, I am happy to accept any effort you think you can make, and will make sure you get your fair share when this project sees daylight someday.

Thanks for reading, hope to hear from you!

-Kei

piere

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
  • Sorry for any bad english in my posts. Game on !
    • View Profile

Maybe you should make a game website and set up a company before getting started. Also posting screeshots of the art and design would help people decide if they would be interested. There seems like a lot of work to be done, so don't expect a lot of people to work for free, they the ones that do, not all would have full time to dedicate to the project. Take it from me, I am a developer of my own company and probably have the biggest WME project ever in the works now. You need to learn how to do things yourself, such as learn coding, music etc

eborr

• Regular poster
    • View Profile

Hello I sent you an email,  hoping to get some more info. Looking at your post I am unsure whether it would be approriate, relevent or sensible for me to help you directly with your project, if not  I have a number of talented programming students, who might make good development partners.

kuraiummei

• Lurker
    • View Profile

Piagent,

I have an unofficial studio and a facebook page for the game already, which I've given the links to people who have emailed me. I actually am expecting people to work for free, because this is a project being done for the joy of it, by hobbyists. Similar to other indie games out there, this game will end up quirky, unique, and fun. The profit will be in the Steam sales once it's complete, and that's for people to consider before joining. I am not asking full time dedication, I am asking for back up in areas that I can't cover myself. I feel it's a little bit improbable for me to lean to do all these things myself, as I am already drawing all the images, animating, recording and splicing voice overs, making simplistic bgm, keeping the website up to date, etc etc.

Basically, thanks for posting piagent, but your advise isn't the most relevant to me. I wish you the best in your big WME project!

kuraiummei

• Lurker
    • View Profile

Eborr,

Hello, and thanks for replying! I'm not sure why, but I haven't received your email. If you catch this reply, could you send it again?

-Kei

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.