Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Interest in Wintermute  (Read 5751 times)

furzball

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Interest in Wintermute
« on: March 03, 2013, 04:28:12 AM »

Just to say, today is the first day I've seen wintermute, and I am intrigued with it. I've used gamefactory (like 1995 version lol) to make games before. Since I've mostly modded PC games rather then my own game development. I've recently been considering GameDev as a hobby and to practice various coding (visual basic, C++, Flash MX actionscript, etc.). Well, while I was looking around at stuff to put on my PSP, particuarly SCUMMVM and freeware games, I came across mention of wintermute and it's basic features. So registered to ask a few questions about it. I've downloaded it and am currently trying to familiarize myself with it.

All in all, general opinion/like of the Wintermute engine. Fun to use or just another digital tool?

I've seen mention of people trying to make RPG games and even doing survival horror resident evil games (mention being either in forums or on youtube). How flexible is it when breaking off into other genres then point and click?
I understand fully that wintermute is for Point and click puzzlers/interactive story type games. But expanding on the RPG question, can it be tweaked to allow random battles, or are the battles all preset in current wintermute rpg games/demos?

Thank you all for any opinions/posts.

piere

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
  • Sorry for any bad english in my posts. Game on !
    • View Profile
Re: Interest in Wintermute
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:47:03 AM »

Ive been making an RPG with Wintermute, it is possible. Here is a link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=130529583&tscn=1362303378

Jose

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 02:02:23 PM »

Voted piagent! You're game looks awesome.

MMR

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
  • http://mmrdeveloper.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
    • TinyWME
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 04:12:37 PM »

Voted here too  ::thumbup

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.