Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: WME vs Visionaire  (Read 4718 times)

ChANAK

• Lurker
    • View Profile
WME vs Visionaire
« on: June 05, 2006, 08:04:17 PM »

Hi again
a while ago I was a 3d game developer, but now I found my true spirit about games so I'll stick to this kinde of games.
I want to now wich one is the best game engine(WME  ::rock compared with AGS as I'v seen the both) and Visionaire is greate too but I need your opinion on this
                         WME graphicaly rocks, Visionaire requires no programing, other............

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Thanks

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re: WME vs Visionaire
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 08:29:32 PM »

It all depends on what are your needs.

Some fast thoughts.

AGS & WME have a scripting language while Visionaire doesn't. That means you can't script special features for your game and create advanced content (even mini games).

WME & Visionaire are using DirectX (Visionaire also works with OpenGL) and thus they support hight resolutions and are fast while ags can't create games with a resolution higher than 800x600, at least last time I checked. And ags is sloooooow if you add many sprites in a scene.

WME & Visionaire support particles. I can't talk about Visionaire but in WME the particle engine is really powerfull.

In Visionaire you can create an adventure with no programming but of course this has the limitations I mentioned.

WME is the only of those three engines that can use 3D real-time characters & shadows.

A lot more things can be said, but I said in the beginning it all depends on your needs.
fl*p

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.