Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Exporting .X from Blender  (Read 23203 times)

trosa

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Exporting .X from Blender
« on: December 04, 2006, 11:13:53 AM »

Hi All,

I have latestbuild of Blender. I have simple character with bones and with single "action animation" - idle. I would like to export it to .X file. But when I export only selected object (my character) there are no animation. When I export all there are strange names for keyframes (names of my bones) and WME will crash. Can you help me or send a very litle working example?

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
Re: Exporting .X from Blender
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 09:58:28 PM »

It's been a while since I worked with it, but I couldn't get any model exported correctly from Blender, no matter which exporter I used. Either the normals were flipped or the animations were a mess. I don't know if the exporters made any progress since then?

Can you import your model into other applications, like the .x-viewer from Microsoft?

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 09:43:08 AM »

If I remember correctly, there was a problem with the Blender exporter not exporting all the necessary templates it was using in the X file. Try copying all the "template" sections in the beginning of the X file from trinity.x to your exported .x file. That should at least fix the crash.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

trosa

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 10:47:23 PM »

Can you import your model into other applications, like the .x-viewer from Microsoft?

I haven't any .X file viewer. Can you please send me link to it? I've searched M$ net and didn't found anyone.

A copying templates from trinity didn't worked  :-\

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 10:34:08 AM »

Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

trosa

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 09:38:52 PM »

I've exported my model from Blender to last fragMotion, added skeleton with animation and exported it. If I export it to MS3D format - all is ok. But if I export this same to .X file, I get wierd model with funny BIG hands and erratic animation. When I use this viewr from above link, model is OK. I also tried to resave model with this tool (mview.exe) and WME Project maganer crashes on preview with log line:

Error getting any top level objects in 'actors\fleur\blackman2a_cnv.x'

All files is for download on

http://pnws.org/wme/blackman2a.x (fragMotion export)
http://pnws.org/wme/blackman2a_cnv.x (resaved from mview.exe)
http://pnws.org/wme/blackman.png (skin)

Please can anyone help me where is mistake?

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 10:30:52 AM »

I remember having some Blender-related discussion with someone at IRC. I'll try to dig out the logs when I'm home (I wish more people were using the Wiki...).

trosa

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 11:17:23 AM »

I've read Wiki and found link to fragMOTION as a best way to export .X files. I've used it, but exported file is bad for WME. And if I use mview to export .X, WME crash.

And of course, when I found working way to make models I will write it to wiki  ;)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 01:38:02 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I know there's not much info about Blender in Wiki right now. I meant it would be nice if people were using the Wiki for documenting their experiences.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 06:39:59 PM »

Does your Blender exporter allow you to choose whether it exports animations key as matrix keys or rotation-translation-scale keys?

trosa

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 08:20:29 PM »

Does your Blender exporter allow you to choose whether it exports animations key as matrix keys or rotation-translation-scale keys?

But let's go focus on fragMotion exporter. Becouse I found that good way is export to .X from Blender, read it in fragMotion, add skeleton, animate it (or load presaved skeleton animations - I will post some usefull links to Wiki of forum) and export it. It works, but model is litle wierd in WME, but not in another .X viewer (mview.exe). Same model exported to MS3D is OK.

Blender .X exported is (I quess) corrupted. I've tried almost 5 diferent versions and all with same effect. Simple cube is OK, but complicated models are not.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 03:18:04 PM »

My guess is the matrix keys are the root of all evil. Because of interpolation the matrix keys are converted to translation-rotation-scale keys, and IMO that's where the error is introduced. mview doesn't interpolate the animation keys so it probably uses the matrix keys directly.
If there was some way to export from Blender directly to T-R-S keys, it would solve these troubles (I *think*).

trosa

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting .X from fragMotion
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 10:30:53 AM »

Hi,

ok, I tried to export it without Matrix keys from fragMotion, but not any progress. See attached images.

export settings:

Download of model (all viewers or imports to another SW is OK, but WME not)
http://pnws.org/wme/blackman2a.x (fragMotion export)
http://pnws.org/wme/blackman.png (skin)

I've tried export from MilkShape, but it haven't named animations, so I can't use it. I'am totaly lost! ???

PlushDez

• Obey Plush Fuhrer!
  • Lurker
  • Plush will rules the world...
    • View Profile
    • Plush Attack!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 03:46:34 AM »

I'm trying to export modell from 3dMax... and some times it's look's like strange in Deep exploration and crashes WME :( ???

keko

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 04:56:44 PM »

Is Blender a good option for a wintermute project?

Anyone have exported any blender model (mesh, textures and animations), to the .x format, and the model is working properly in Wintermute? ???

I mean in any possible way (all at the same time, or exporting mesh and textures and later in other exporter the animations)

Because I don´t want to start modeling characters and the other stuff and later cannot use it for wintermute engine.  ;D

Thanks

PD: Sorry if I wrote a mistake, I´m from Spain and I was living in England for 7 months but I didn´t learn any grammar in all that time.

Cheers  ::beer
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.