Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Poser Artist versus Poser product...  (Read 8294 times)

PrestonD

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Poser Artist versus Poser product...
« on: December 20, 2004, 02:59:30 AM »

Has anybody had any experience with Poser Artist versus Poser 5?  I looked at the site and as far as I can tell, Poser Artist appears to be an earlier version of Poser...any experience or advice is appreciated...

Thanks,
Preston D

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
Re: Poser Artist versus Poser product...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 08:59:23 AM »

I never worked with it, but from what I know Poser Artist is basically the same as Poser 4, only with more content coming with it. It's missing the new Poser 5-features like dynamic hair and stuff, but if you can live without them you should probably take a look at DAZ Studio ( www.daz3d.com ). It's still in beta-phase but already very stable and it supports most features Poser 4 had (the latest version has animation support now), has a better UI and is freeware.

Before spending money on Poser I would suggest to give it a try.

PrestonD

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 03:11:27 AM »

Sorry for the late reply...I was on holiday for a week, thanks so much for answering my question.

I looked at the Daz Studio and it appears that you get the software free, but the content you pay for? Or you can create your own content or download it from a different source than the Daz Studio site?  Seems like it would add up quickly for a full fledged game programmed with all the characters. 

How long have you been using this product if I might ask and have you programmed any games or have any screenshots?

Thanks,

Preston D

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 10:54:47 AM »

Hi!

DAZ Studio is freeware, thats right. DAZ is originally a company that produces Poser-content, and Studio can import any Poser-file out there. You can buy a lot of stuff from companies like DAZ, Renderosity, Runtime DNA and so on, plus there is a lot of free content to be found on the web for free.

I use Studio for half a year now, but more for testing purposes as it is still in beta, and animation support just came with the last release. Up to now I work mainly with Poser as the Stuido has not all the functions I need, but I think the next versions will make Poser obsolete as Stuido has the much better interface and of course because it's for free :-)

I'm still working on my first game, there is not much to see yet, but here is a screenshot of one the characters that will make it into the game (just a testrender made in Studio):

http://www.nacht-und-nebel.de/pics/vamptest.jpg

This is Vicky3 with head & body-morphs and an adapted texture I found on the web, which stills needs a lot of work, but yesterday I bought me a graphics tablet, so hopefully I will get it done some day ;-)
(The character is a vampire, I hope that explains the odd look ;-) )

PrestonD

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 03:47:52 AM »

Hi,

Wow very nice....Vicky3 is a great rendered vamp character.  I will look into the other sites you mentioned where the content is available.

Thanks for all the help...

Preston D

Brassfire

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • The Unknown Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 01:04:29 AM »

I've been using DAZStudio a lot lately for portraits. Now that the program is out of beta it's really nice, although the 3delight renderer still crashes on me when I have too many lights or reflection maps going on. Fortunately I was able to use the opengl renderer for that particular scene anyway.

You can find a TON of free content online, particularly at DAZ in the forums and at Renderosity. Even some of the best stuff (Kozaburo's hair) is free. Other things maybe hard to find depending on what you want to make a picture of though.

StarLite

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • StarLite Palace
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 07:20:03 PM »

Hi All

I am a customer of Daz Studios and if you have Photoshop you can render your Victoria or Michael characters in Daz, save as a png files and then pull them into Photoshop and dress them up using the lasso tool. If you can get your hands on the Graydiant tool you can add pleats to dresses. There are tutorials on Daz's website on how to dress up their characters using Photoshop and various other programs. You can also add hair using photoshop  as well. There are a number of brushes out there made by people you can also use that are free to download. Hope this helps.

StarLite
Be Thankful For The Dawn Of The Coming Day - Lisle Engle

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.