Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Chivalry is Not Dead  (Read 7085 times)

Squinky

• Supporter
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Deirdra Kiai Productions
Chivalry is Not Dead
« on: October 15, 2007, 04:03:29 AM »

Hey all! I've never actually posted on these forums before (fancy that), but you may already know me from Adventure Gamers and Adventure Developers, both of which I write for.

Anyway, I'm just popping in to announce that I've just released a new game using WME, called Chivalry is Not Dead. It's not a strict adventure game in that gameplay is more dictated by player choice than by puzzles (hence, there are a number of outcomes that lead to a whole bunch of endings), but I had a lot of fun making it, and several people have had a lot of fun playing it, so maybe you will too. ;D

Here's an obligatory screenshot:

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: Chivalry is Not Dead
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 10:18:51 AM »

thanks for the announcement, I've already killed the queen. ;D

Congratulations on finishing your game.
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 10:19:27 AM »

and WELCOME to WME FORUM!  ::thumbup
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 10:55:53 AM »

Welcome Squinky

A lot of people in here knows you and like your games and articles a lot. Thanks for releasing a new game, made with wme this time.
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 06:34:57 PM »

Congrats, Squinky, and welcome to the forum. I was looking forward to the game, especially after reading the article on characters affinity, which is something I personally find very intriguing. I enjoyed Chivalry a lot, there's plenty of space for experimenting and replaying, something you don't see in adventure games too often.

However the game's scope is perhaps too small for the affinity system to get fully unleashed. I'd love to see it expanded one day in some larger scale game (although I'm well aware of the amount of extra work it requires compared to traditional design).

BTW weren't you considering voice overs at one point? If anything, the minstrel's songs are asking for it, in my opinion :)
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Squinky

• Supporter
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Deirdra Kiai Productions
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 02:12:36 AM »

Thanks, guys! And thank you, Mnemonic, for WME; I really enjoyed working with it, and am already planning on using it for a couple more future projects I have up my sleeve. Stay tuned!

I'd love to see it expanded one day in some larger scale game (although I'm well aware of the amount of extra work it requires compared to traditional design).

Who knows? If I ever get paid to work on a project, that might just happen...

BTW weren't you considering voice overs at one point? If anything, the minstrel's songs are asking for it, in my opinion :)

I was, indeed, going to use voiceovers, but at one point, a combination of the work involved in finding good actors and the wordiness of my writing style (which I find okay to read, but might get boring to listen to) made me decide against it. For now, anyway. If there's enough demand and volunteers, there's a possibility that I could do a voice pack to be released later on.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.