Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SceneEdit crashes  (Read 12505 times)

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re: SceneEdit crashes
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 10:44:21 PM »

A better GPU with stable drivers will help you work with hardware acceleration enabled but it's not a priority imo. You can still start developing your game with your current computer. If you decide to get a new one please consult someone who can check your computer as it's old and very new GPUs won't work with it.
fl*p

Indra Anagram

• Occasional poster
  • Periodical returnee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 10:17:21 AM »

A better GPU with stable drivers will help you work with hardware acceleration enabled but it's not a priority imo. You can still start developing your game with your current computer. If you decide to get a new one please consult someone who can check your computer as it's old and very new GPUs won't work with it.

Thank you, odnorf! You guys are true magicians. It's great I can start developing the game now) 
Owls are not what they seem...

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 12:15:04 PM »

Glad it works for you now!

Just one more thought: I remember I had a similar issue with a GeForce 6800 back then, so you might want to check, if your DirectX drivers are up-to-date or just simply update them by using the web installer, which should not hurt in any case:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

After installation and reboot, you might try to check the hardware acceleration checkbox again.
Mooh!

Indra Anagram

• Occasional poster
  • Periodical returnee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »

Glad it works for you now!

Just one more thought: I remember I had a similar issue with a GeForce 6800 back then, so you might want to check, if your DirectX drivers are up-to-date or just simply update them by using the web installer, which should not hurt in any case:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

After installation and reboot, you might try to check the hardware acceleration checkbox again.

Naah, Jerrot, it didn't work) I've installed DirectX, yet with hardware acceleration checked my pc keeps on turning off and rebooting. So, I better work with that option being unchecked) Anyway, Thank you for your help. The more I learn about WME the more I understand WHAT amount of work has been done by your team. WOW.
Owls are not what they seem...
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.