Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Looking for someone to teach me basics and maybe collaborate.  (Read 3969 times)

KidnappedKitten

• T3h K1tt3n!
  • Lurker
  • I'm the child of Rage and Love....
    • View Profile
    • MagickalMoonlight.com
Looking for someone to teach me basics and maybe collaborate.
« on: August 17, 2006, 11:38:38 PM »

Hi everyone, this is my first post, I just got the Wintermute Engine today and I'm looking for someone to help make learning it a little easier.
Well let me introduce myself, so everyone knows a bit about me... I'm Tori (though I have many AKAs), I'm  17 I live in Massachusetts in the USA, and I'm a girl in case you don't know.
I would be using 2D actors (and scenes, ect.) and anime/manga style graphics. My goal for game creation is to make a dating sim (or 2). I want to make one where you can either choose to be male or female, and from there choose you who you like best (with the possiblity of male x female, male x male, and female x female couples) or 1 for girls (with female x male and female x female) and 1 for guys (with male x female and male x male) seperatly.
Anyways I'll probably start with something simpler, but for now, I'd really like someone to help teach me, of even another newbie, who will learn via trial and error with me. Thank you fo your time. ;)
Kidnapped.Kitten, "I'm Taken."

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for someone to teach me basics and maybe collaborate.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 09:09:38 AM »

Welcome to the forums KidnappedKitten  :)

Unfortunately I don't have the time to help you  :'( but... the best start is to open the wme documentation and follow the complete tutorial. You will learn all the basics there.
fl*p

SoundGuy

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for someone to teach me basics and maybe collaborate.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 04:02:30 PM »

Hey,
well WME is in my opinion the easiest engine to start with, mainly because it has many code examlpes and demo projects to work with.
I'm usually on 24/7 on the WME irc chan, so feel free to bug me there.

SoundGuy

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.