Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: Basics  (Read 6601 times)

gintonik

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Basics
« on: January 11, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »

Hi,

i´m a beginner and i wan´t to start my own project. Before i will start i have some questions about the WME.

1.: I need an Actor. Is there a good (easy)tool aviable, where i can build an Actor (it have to been compatible with WME) really quickly? I tried to use Poser8 but this is a science of himself.

2.: I need Rooms. Is there a really easy tool aviable to build Rooms. Or have i use ex. Photoshop and paint a complete Room (room1.jpg)?

3.: Have somebody a really easy tutorial(german) how i have use the WME?

I know that is a long way but i want to make small steps and get knowhow before i write a complete story line and record characters audio.

Thank you very much for EVERY post.

Mot

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Re: Basics
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 09:11:17 PM »

Hi gintonik  :)

1.: I need an Actor. Is there a good (easy)tool aviable, where i can build an Actor (it have to been compatible with WME) really quickly? I tried to use Poser8 but this is a science of himself.

It seems you're talking about a 3D animated character, if so, you need a program able to export such character in the Microsoft X file format. In addition, WME would require "hidden geometry" files (in which walkable areas of scenes, 3D light positions and cameras are defined) in 3DS format. Lots and lots of 3D modeling programs support these two file formats; for example, Blender.

As for easy and quick ... I guess that's relative. You may have to spend some time learning how to design in 3D. In any case, WME Development Kit provides a 3D demo project (including a 3D character) to ease the process. If you used the default settings when you installed Wintermute, you will find it here:

C:/Program Files (x86)/WME DevKit/projects/wme_demo_3d/wme_demo_3d.wpr

You can find further information in:

1. This video tutorial series created by Jyujinkai with WME in mind:

How to Create a 3D Real-Time Character

Tutorial 01 - Creating Symmetrical Design Plates
Tutorial 02 - Modelling your Character off Design Plates
Tutorial 03 - Building Symmetrical UV Layouts
Tutorial 04 - Texturing
Tutorial 05 - Rigging: (A) Introduction, (B) Biped, (C) Skinning: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

2. The Resource Center

3. The documentation:

3D characters support in WME
Principles and requirements
Actor definition file, X format
Scripting support
Additional 3D options in SceneEdit
Shadows

2.: I need Rooms. Is there a really easy tool aviable to build Rooms. Or have i use ex. Photoshop and paint a complete Room (room1.jpg)?

If you're referring to drawing the background of a scene (room), sure, a graphic design program. If you're referring to designing a scene (the background is just a part of it), I would direct you to the scene creation tutorial in the documentation.

3.: Have somebody a really easy tutorial(german) how i have use the WME?

I would start here.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 10:37:56 AM by Mot »

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 24 queries.