Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Sprite's things  (Read 3070 times)

Radiobuzz

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Sprite's things
« on: March 26, 2005, 04:02:26 AM »

Hello everyone.

I have two problems with the sprite editor.

The fist one: I have this picture, with a red background. I tell the editor that I want the red to be transparent, but it doesn't work! When I add the sprite into the scene, it's still red. What should I do?

Second: The sprite's reproduces really fast. Too fast, in fact. But I haven't seen any option in the editor that let me slow it down. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

PS: Note for MMR: Quise registrarme en los foros en español, pero no me dejaba. Luego vi que se han mudado, pero cuando quiero entrar en la nueva dirección, me dice: "Table 'algarine_nuke1.smf_settings' doesn't exist".

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: Sprite's things
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 09:12:19 AM »

Hi,

make sure your color is exactly the same RGB color as in your image. This is the most common problem. To check this use your
bitmap editor (Gimp, Photoshop etc.) and use the color picker tool. It will show you exact RGB numbers.

If I got you right you want to slow down animation. For this you have to fill in "Delay" in sprite editor. It's the first one in
Frame properties. If you want to use constant speed for the whole animation, fill this value once and then click on the
"copy" image next to the edit field. It will copy this value for all the sprites so you don't need to fill this for every frame.

Hope that helps.

J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Radiobuzz

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 03:59:21 PM »

Thank you.

In the first case, I didn't realice that the colou was 254, 0, 0 (I was using 256, 0, 0). But this was all Paint's fault, because it changed the red when I saved the file in JPG. I'm going to use BMP files from now on.

The delay thing also work. How stupid, I thought that was for changing the delay it takes to start.

Thanks again, and these will not be my final questions, so bear with me  ;D.

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 10:46:37 PM »

Thank you.

In the first case, I didn't realice that the colou was 254, 0, 0 (I was using 256, 0, 0). But this was all Paint's fault, because it changed the red when I saved the file in JPG. I'm going to use BMP files from now on.

The delay thing also work. How stupid, I thought that was for changing the delay it takes to start.

Thanks again, and these will not be my final questions, so bear with me  ;D.

Glad that helped. I would recommend though using png instead of bmp. They are much smaller because they use losless compression and
the format is free.
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.