Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: J2ME  (Read 5066 times)

McCoy

• The cocido eater
  • Frequent poster
  • Spurrrrrrring
    • View Profile
    • Spur Games
J2ME
« on: July 08, 2003, 06:23:26 PM »

Has anyone done anything with J2ME? (Java 2 Micro Edition, a Java implementation for mobile phones). It would be difficult to learn to someone (me) with lot of VB, some JavaScript, some WME and little C++ background?
I'm thinking about buying a new mobile phone with java support, color display and all that, and I would like to do little proggies/games for it...  ;D

Click here to sign my sig!

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:J2ME
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 03:17:32 PM »

Well I *think* it shouldn't be hard for you to learn Java basics if you already know C++. The syntax is very similar and many things are even easier in Java. VB won't help you there a lot, I'm afraid... ;)

I don't know anything about the "micro edition" specifics, though.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

case

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: J2ME
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 12:25:12 PM »

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, and it is unrelated to WME, shame on me :-)

http://java.sun.com/j2me/learning/tutorial/index.html

Check out the tuts on java.sun.com - J2ME has two 'modes', one is a WAPesque card system where you can build interfaces, the other is the screen mode where you can create game canvases.

J2MEPolish is a great library that helps J2ME development (I read on it, not used it)

I use superwaba which is for PDA level devices, and has a fairly J2SE swing like ui library, which I use for boring business applications

www.superwaba.com.br

All free. I hope to post here soon about WME, give me the weekend to play with it!!!!!!!

I once wrote my own text adventure - it was based on the young ones (brit-tv) or more importantly the mutated contents of their fridge, I was about 7 though :-)

::beer

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.