Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Transfering Shading and Light infomation to your 3D Actor?  (Read 3793 times)

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Jyujinkai's WME Development Blog

I was wondering how you guys are solving the problem of having shadows from your sets affect your 3Dactors, and how lighting colour affects them as well. I have tried using coloured regions but they turn on as soon as the model walks into them and this colours the entire model.

I have been playing with rendering my shadows as a separate pass and then using come kind of overlay trick but i can not see how to get a 2D overlay to sit on top of the 3D actor.

Anyway.. how are you guys handeling this.. and do i need to work it out i heard rumors that these issues are addressed in the new wme scene editor that is on teh cards.
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Transfering Shading and Light infomation to your 3D Actor?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 08:40:34 AM »

Anyway.. how are you guys handeling this.. and do i need to work it out i heard rumors that these issues are addressed in the new wme scene editor that is on teh cards.
No, the planned color map for scenes will color the entire actor, just like decoration regions do.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 09:06:58 AM »

Can't GFX sprites overlay ontop of the 3Dactor?
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 12:32:13 PM »

Sure, they can. But of course they paint over the actor AND everything else. There's no way of making a semi-transparent layer that ONLY affects actors.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »

yea... this is what i thought... but you can render you scene with no shadows and the shadows on a separate pass... just shadows and overlay that on the entire image... . . . iI'll get back to you on this after some tests.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.