Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Any Linux developers out there?  (Read 64108 times)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Any Linux developers out there?
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2013, 01:17:57 PM »

So I tried compiling the linux version of wme lite in Ubuntu in VMWare. I had to add "-lz" to the makefile to link zlib (is that normal?).

Now I get the executable, but it won't run because "Error initializing renderer". I suppose it's the result of virtualization. Still, nice progress, I'd say :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 01:50:10 PM by Mnemonic »
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

HCDaniel

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2013, 01:40:54 PM »

I'll add that to the list of issues. Not 100% sure what's the difference between our systems. WMELite AFAIK does not depend on zlib, but freetype and/or freeimage might have a dependency. If their dependency to zlib is inherited, it might not be necessary to specify it for wmelite compilation - but all of it is just guessing at the moment. I'm really surprized that you need this dependency added, while it works for me on 2 different PCs... Hmmm :o

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2013, 01:50:55 PM »

WME does use zlib, actually. The .dcp packages are zlib compressed and so are saved games.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

HCDaniel

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2013, 02:24:20 PM »

Ah yes, you're right. Now I even remember seeing some of the code that uses zlib ;) So it looks like adding the explicit reference to zlib is the right way to go. Thanks for the hint!

HCDaniel

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2013, 07:55:52 PM »

Hi Mnemonic,

trying to understand (and hopefully fix) issue #12 (and maybe #14 but I'm not sure).

I believe this is dependent on the ratio of game resolution vs. screen resolution, and has also something to do with the pixel size of the overlay picture, and the (original) coordinates of the upper left point where to draw the overlay.

What I can observe is that parallax scrolling is jumpy, so even if a background is supposed to scroll smoothly with half the foreground scrolling speed from left to right, it occasionally looks like it jumps back and forth one pixel. Plus, as already reported, some overlay graphics are drawn with a white border (in my case at the bottom of the graphics), whether they have a pixel offset I cannot say.

It is correct that all bitmaps are drawn in the CBSubFrame::Draw function? I wonder whether the computations, combined with casts to (int) could be responsible for a pixel offset of one in special situations. There seem to be more casts in CBSurfaceSDL::DrawSprite without rounding. What's your opinion on this? I don't want to add rounding to all these computations without understanding what's going on.

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2014, 02:51:12 AM »

Fixed this by removing -m32

Hi there, I am trying to compile WME lite on Ubuntu 13.10 and got pretty far, but now hindered by this:

g++ -c -o obj/PathUtil.o ../src/PathUtil.cpp -I../src -O2 -m32 -Wno-write-strings -Wno-conversion-null `freetype-config --cflags` `sdl2-config --cflags` -I/usr/local/include/bass/
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.8/bits/stl_algo.h:59:0,
                 from /usr/include/c++/4.8/algorithm:62,
                 from ../src/PathUtil.cpp:27:
/usr/include/c++/4.8/cstdlib:178:10: error: expected unqualified-id before
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:56:04 AM by metamorphium »
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

piere

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
  • Sorry for any bad english in my posts. Game on !
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2014, 12:00:12 AM »

Can a Linux build support 3D characters at all?

HCDaniel

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2014, 01:33:20 PM »

Hi,

wmelite itself cannot.

Regular WME seems to work quite well with "wine" in Linux. Haven't tested 3D though but I guess that D3D9 is now pretty well supported. 2D games work fine for me.

You could try to compile regular WME for Linux using "winelib", there seems to be a helper program called "winemaker" that assists with most of the required conversions. That might give more performance than the Windows .exe via "wine". Similarly it might work for Mac OS.

But it might be quite some effort to get this working, so I wonder whether it is really worth it.

Sothoth

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2014, 04:33:37 PM »

Hi!

Does anybody can compile TheoraPlayer library for Linux? I've get the source code from here:

https://code.google.com/p/libtheoraplayer/

but I can't see any Makefile or something similar in order to compile it for Linux.

I know there's a WME Lite fork which supports Theora video playing under Linux using the above library:

https://bitbucket.org/JanKavan/wmelite-julia-branch

Any clues?

Thank you very much in advance!
Sorry for my poor English! :(

ciberspace

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Tele Juego
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2014, 02:33:57 PM »

I came across this C++ video playback library on sourceforge 8)

Tanga

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2015, 02:46:18 PM »

Hello Folks.  I'm trying to install WMELite in Ubuntu 64 bits (14.10).  I thought I'd successfully completed the steps at:
http://res.dead-code.org/doku.php/wmelite:building#linux

but it seems I've made a mistake.  Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Here's what happens when I try and make wmelite.
Code: [Select]
$ make wmelite
g++ -o wmelite obj/ConvertUTF.o obj/DirectoryOperations.o obj/FileOperations.o obj/AdActor.o obj/AdActorDir.o obj/AdEntity.o obj/AdGame.o obj/AdInventoryBox.o obj/AdInventory.o obj/AdItem.o obj/AdLayer.o obj/AdNodeState.o obj/AdObject.o obj/AdPath.o obj/AdPathPoint.o obj/AdRegion.o obj/AdResponseBox.o obj/AdResponseContext.o obj/AdResponse.o obj/AdRotLevel.o obj/AdScaleLevel.o obj/AdScene.o obj/AdSceneNode.o obj/AdSceneState.o obj/AdSentence.o obj/AdSpriteSet.o obj/AdTalkDef.o obj/AdTalkHolder.o obj/AdTalkNode.o obj/AdWaypointGroup.o obj/BActiveRect.o obj/BBase.o obj/BDebugger.o obj/BDiskFile.o obj/BDynBuffer.o obj/BEvent.o obj/BFader.o obj/BFile.o obj/BFileEntry.o obj/BFileManager.o obj/BFontBitmap.o obj/BFont.o obj/BFontStorage.o obj/BFontTT.o obj/BFrame.o obj/BGame.o obj/BImage.o obj/BKeyboardState.o obj/BNamedObject.o obj/BObject.o obj/BPackage.o obj/BParser.o obj/BPersistMgr.o obj/BPkgFile.o obj/BPoint.o obj/BQuickMsg.o obj/BRegion.o obj/BRegistry.o obj/BRenderer.o obj/BRenderSDL.o obj/BResourceFile.o obj/BResources.o obj/BSaveThumbFile.o obj/BSaveThumbHelper.o obj/BScriptable.o obj/BScriptHolder.o obj/BSoundBuffer.o obj/BSound.o obj/BSoundMgr.o obj/BSprite.o obj/BStringTable.o obj/BSubFrame.o obj/BSurface.o obj/BSurfaceSDL.o obj/BSurfaceStorage.o obj/BTransitionMgr.o obj/BViewport.o obj/crc.o obj/FontGlyphCache.o obj/main.o obj/MathUtil.o obj/Matrix4.o obj/PartEmitter.o obj/PartForce.o obj/PartParticle.o obj/PathUtil.o obj/PlatformSDL.o obj/ScEngine.o obj/ScScript.o obj/ScStack.o obj/ScValue.o obj/SdlUtil.o obj/StringUtil.o obj/SXArray.o obj/SXDate.o obj/SXFile.o obj/SXMath.o obj/SXMemBuffer.o obj/SxObject.o obj/SXStore.o obj/SXString.o obj/SysClass.o obj/SysClassRegistry.o obj/SysInstance.o obj/tinyxml.o obj/tinyxmlerror.o obj/tinyxmlparser.o obj/UIButton.o obj/UIEdit.o obj/UIEntity.o obj/UIObject.o obj/UIText.o obj/UITiledImage.o obj/UIWindow.o obj/utils.o obj/Vector2.o -I../src -O2 `sdl2-config --cflags` `freetype-config --cflags` `sdl2-config --libs` `freetype-config --libs` -lbass -lfreeimage
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libbass.so when searching for -lbass
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbass
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:23: recipe for target 'wmelite' failed
make: *** [wmelite] Error 1

HCDaniel

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2015, 09:52:05 PM »

Looks like your bass library doesn't match, i.e. it probably isn't 64 bit. At least the linker doesn't like the one you put in /usr/local/lib.

Can you cross-check this?

Tanga

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2015, 09:38:43 AM »

I thought they were just libraries, so you're probably right.  I'm afraid I can't find any 64 bit files on the site.

HCDaniel

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2015, 10:00:52 AM »

There are :) Just download the bass linux .zip and then look into the "x64" subdirectory.

Tanga

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2015, 05:05:45 AM »

Thanks.  I went back through, and it compiled, giving me a wmelite executable.  Nothing seems to happen when I run it though - should I be running it with the name of a file?  Is there a game with the right format - I've mostly only found exe files.

Sorry, I'm obviously not a developer, but once I've gotten this working properly I'll pay you guys back by doing a tutorial for other noobs so this doesn't happen again (or if it does you can point us to it).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.