Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Custom order in playing animation frames of a sprite  (Read 2891 times)

AtZeuS

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Custom order in playing animation frames of a sprite
« on: July 31, 2005, 01:05:06 PM »

Hi all,

I've discovered this engine yesterday after playing the (excellent) white chamber and i'm trying to use this for an adventuregame i was already making (I was just coding it in c++ but this seems a lot easier :) altough now i have 60Kb of dead code ;) ) anyway i have a walk animation consiting of 20 frames and the order they should be played is

I've looked around but i can't find out how to do this, it seems a bit silly to just duplicate the files and make it a linear animation.

Thanks!

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: Custom order in playing animation frames of a sprite
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 01:53:54 PM »

Hi all,

I've discovered this engine yesterday after playing the (excellent) white chamber and i'm trying to use this for an adventuregame i was already making (I was just coding it in c++ but this seems a lot easier :) altough now i have 60Kb of dead code ;) ) anyway i have a walk animation consiting of 20 frames and the order they should be played is

I've looked around but i can't find out how to do this, it seems a bit silly to just duplicate the files and make it a linear animation.

Thanks!

Hi, animation must be always ascending. Don't worry about duplicate loading, WME loads gfx only one time (thanks to caching) so it's ok to make animations that way.

Edit: unclosed quote...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 03:21:25 PM by metamorphium »
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.