Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: [PlugIn] aMUSE  (Read 23989 times)

Spellbreaker

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Apeiron Studios
Re: [PlugIn] aMUSE
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »

ScummVM does not use BASS at all, in any version or platform.

Also, a bit OT, but regarding video-playback, why would you need to change any of that from your current solution?

I was talking about WME Lite. I don't know what ScummVM Port of WME Lite will do, but WME Lite does not support Video Playback nor Sprite rotation / mirroring for example. And WME Lite is based on BASS.

So I simply would have to wait until ScummVM port is ready, and then I can check if RotT works or iwhat changes I have to make ( for examoke removing all the plugin stuff ).

somaen

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 10:26:54 PM »

Ah sorry for the confusion, I was merely taking care, to minimize the amount of changes you might have to do. The target for the ScummVM port is to atleast support the same as Wintermute Lite, although BASS will not be used, the same interfaces will be available to the games.

As for the plugins, I might be able to let you avoid removing the plugin-usage in RotT, by either simulating the interface of the plugin (i.e. making a similar dummy), or, if you want, by integrating the plugin itself, making it behave as closely as possible to the full Wintermute solution. (This is though outside the main scope of the GSoC-task, and will not get priority before the port works fully of course)

timofonic

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »

ScummVM does not use BASS at all, in any version or platform.

Also, a bit OT, but regarding video-playback, why would you need to change any of that from your current solution?

I was talking about WME Lite. I don't know what ScummVM Port of WME Lite will do, but WME Lite does not support Video Playback nor Sprite rotation / mirroring for example. And WME Lite is based on BASS.

So I simply would have to wait until ScummVM port is ready, and then I can check if RotT works or iwhat changes I have to make ( for examoke removing all the plugin stuff ).

Are those the features you use in your game and not in WME Lite? WME Lite is 2D only, I'm not sure if your team's game uses 3D stuff too.

What can WME Lite miss to be able to play your game without cut down or modify the game itself? Just for curiosity's sake :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:28:36 PM by timofonic »

Spellbreaker

• Supporter
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Apeiron Studios
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 08:29:36 PM »

Only the Plugin and the Theora videos are not useable in WME Lite. Thats what we would have to change. Oh and sprite mirroring too.

somaen

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 11:12:17 PM »

Well, I already have Theora-videos and sprite mirroring working in ScummVM now, so to get support there, all you would need is the plugin once I'm finished with the rest of the task.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.