Wintermute Engine > Won't fix

Savegame thumbnails bug

(1/2) > >>

metamorphium:
Hi Mnemonic,

I ran into a bug with saving positions. If you save the position the thumbnail image is updated only if this was a brand new savegame position. If you however overwrite the already
existing save game, not only the image is not updated (until next game restart) but also it issues this error:

20:17: Saving game 'C:\Users\[NDA]\Saved Games\[NDA]\save004.dsv'...
20:17: Warning: invalid instance 'm_WaitObject'

The correct thumbnail shows upon the game restart.

We have a supposed release this week, do you think anything could be done? We're using thumbnail buttons for save/load so this is very vital for us.

Thanks a million!

Mnemonic:
I don't think it's related to the warning.
I need more code or ideally a repro project.

metamorphium:
ok, it would be quite hard to make a repro project, but here's the method I use for the thumbnails:

--- Code: WME Script ---method Fill(){   for (var a2=0; a2<12;a2=a2+1)  {         var a = (this.Offset * 12) + a2; // this.Offset is for page offset, every page shows 12 save slots.        var tmp = this.GetControl("B"+(a2+1));  // Buttons are named B1 till B12      if (Game.IsSaveSlotUsed(a))     {         tmp.SetImage("savegame:"+a);     }     else     {          stat.Text = "<New Savegame>";          tmp.SetImage("scripts\SaveLoad\saveframe.png");     }           }} 
This method is invoked everytime the window is displayed. This is verified by issuing Game.Msg in the Fill method.

Mnemonic:

--- Quote from: metamorphium on October 05, 2008, 09:00:11 PM ---ok, it would be quite hard to make a repro project, but here's the method I use for the thumbnails:

--- End quote ---
Well you might need to, because I really don't see a way for "savegame:xx" to return an image from non-existent saved game file.

metamorphium:

--- Quote ---I really don't see a way for "savegame:xx" to return an image from non-existent saved game file.
--- End quote ---

To me this looks like some form of ill-caching, but you'll see for yourself. I'm uploading (with creators consent) the very minimalistic version (cca 16MB) of the project which already manifests the problem. Steps to reproduce:

1, run game
2, save the position
3, go to different view
4, save the position over the saved one
5, choose load or save game -> the thumbnail image is still from the step 2
6, restart the game - the image is now new and shiny

Link to the downloadable is in your PM.

Thanks again!

Edit: one more thing, the caption of the image actually correctly changes so the description is taken from the right file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version