Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: Issues with Pandasoft Xporter  (Read 4719 times)

Barry Burton

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Issues with Pandasoft Xporter
« on: June 02, 2013, 05:00:44 AM »

Every time I export my mesh using the PandaSoft Exporter for 3DS Max, it completely goes haywire and explodes my mesh. When I un-tick bones, the model loads fine without bones. I'm not sure what I did wrong here, as I've never had this issue before. I export the file as an .FBX and it loads fine in other 3D applications. So I don't know what's going on here..

Here is a screenshot:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit: Converting to an editable poly got rid of the explosions. But the mesh is still deformed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is how it looks in WME as well.

Honestly it would be so much better for WME to just support the FBX format..
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:33:43 AM by Barry Burton »

Barry Burton

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with Pandasoft Xporter
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 06:05:03 AM »

Nevermind guys. I fixed the problem. The problem was I scaled the entire mesh and animations, and/or didn't convert to an editable poly with the skin modifier on top.

But now I've yet another issue. When I try to scale my actor in the Act3D file, it changes in the preview pane but in game he remains incredibly tiny.

On Windows 7 BTW.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 01:36:53 PM »

Perhaps your scene geometry uses a different scale that your character, so it appears too small? Make sure you're using the same units when modelling the scene and the character.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

fireside

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 03:17:54 PM »

I'm having the same problem.  I thought it might have something to do with using the demo game scene files.  I haven't used one from scratch, I just replaced the teapot model with my character.  When I try to scale it, it remains the same size, even though it does change size in the ac3d preview window.  Could it be getting re-scaled somewhere else in the demo besides the ac3d file?  Just testing it.  The scaling number is meaningless on the Trinity character, also.  I doubled it in the ac3d and she's the same size in the game.  It scales from my export so I guess it doesn't matter. 
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:43:32 PM by fireside »

Barry Burton

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 07:11:27 AM »

I managed to fix it. I think it's a Windows 7 issues, since I never had a problem on XP. Just let every possible exe associated with WME to run as an administrator and with Windows XP compatibility. It solved it for me.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 07:51:31 AM »

Are you editing the WME project in the "Program Files" folder by any chance? Make sure the project is in some writable folder (ideally in a subfolder of your "Documents" folder).
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

fireside

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 04:41:38 AM »

That was the problem for me.  Weird, because it shows a different scaling number in Ac3d, but doesn't scale unless it's in an editable folder.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 07:36:48 AM »

That's a "feature" of Windows. If the file isn't writable in Program Files, Windows creates a shadow copy of the file in your private folder. Then different programs see a different version of the file, depending on how they are configured.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.