Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Change settings window  (Read 4562 times)

cyrusthegreat

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Change settings window
« on: September 06, 2009, 12:24:54 PM »

Hi all

i have two questions:
1- I want that setting window show text in utf-8. My game language is Farsi and now i want to change setting window texts. I used EmEditor that support utf-8 to modify string.tab and saved file in utf-8 charset. but when i run setting window i get this:

you see that only the window title has problem and there is no problem in other texts.

In addition i have to save utf-8 with BOM.without BOM the text turn into this pic:

So now What should i do for title?

2- My another problem is again in setting window. How could i change/add or remove texts or option menu to settings window?
And i have another problem that you can see descriptions in below picture:

Thx all

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Change settings window
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »

You're using localized Windows? Do other applications display Farsi correctly in title bar? WME uses Unicode internally to set window title, so as long as the font supports the language, it should be displayed correctly. As for the second problem, the dialog layout is hardcoded in wme.exe. Can't use use some shortened term?

As for BOM, it's intended that way. WME uses BOM to detect if the string table is UTF-8 or not.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

cyrusthegreat

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 01:27:08 PM »

You're using localized Windows? Do other applications display Farsi correctly in title bar? WME uses Unicode internally to set window title, so as long as the font supports the language, it should be displayed correctly.
Maybe you are right. I will check that other applications will display Farsi title correctly or not.

As for the second problem, the dialog layout is hardcoded in wme.exe. Can't use use some shortened term?
Yes i could use shortened term. But is it possible that you give this feature to Wme that users can modify Settings Window. Something like Window edit?

As for BOM, it's intended that way. WME uses BOM to detect if the string table is UTF-8 or not.
Ok i got it.

thx Dear Mnemonic

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »

Yes i could use shortened term. But is it possible that you give this feature to Wme that users can modify Settings Window. Something like Window edit?
There are applications that can edit embedded resources, for example resource hacker.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Weraustinne

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 04:49:42 PM »

There are applications that can edit embedded resources, for example resource hacker.

With ResHack is not possible to edit "wme.exe", come this error:

EDIT>

Tested with Restorator 2009 and PE Explorer - I get same message.

Try other editors.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 05:10:25 PM by Weraustinne »

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.