Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Preservation of games  (Read 312 times)

retro_exo

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Preservation of games
« on: February 05, 2024, 09:23:08 PM »

Hello. I work to try and preserve software with a focus on games. I have recently begun looking into Wintermute games, and I have found that many of them have been announced and even released over the years, but the sites they were once hosted on are long gone. Very few of them seem to pop up in services such as the Wayback Machine.

I figured I would reach out to the community and see if anyone is aware of any repositories of the free games that have been announced\released over the years? Or do any members here happen to have archives of the games that have been released?

Thank you for any information or leads that you can provide.

Mot

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Re: Preservation of games
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 12:55:24 AM »

Hello retro_exo  :)
Is there a particular reason the game was delisted?

I don't have all the information ... one possibility could be that Shadow of Nebula may have not been added to the Game page. I know of several games developed with wme that are not in there. In occasion, I wondered whether I should add them myself or not, but it seems to me that ultimately is a decision of the game authors.

I figured I would reach out to the community and see if anyone is aware of any repositories of the free games that have been announced\released over the years? Or do any members here happen to have archives of the games that have been released?

Now and then, I check out the game page and update it with new links to the games on the internet. I haven't done so in a while ... Which game/s were you looking for? I may be able to point you to a download link if it's available. Some I haven't found myself though.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 09:19:26 PM by Mot »

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.