Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Spanish translation  (Read 6175 times)

Arcnor

• Lurker
  • What llama are you today?
    • View Profile
    • Arcnor
Spanish translation
« on: October 19, 2007, 05:34:43 PM »

Hello!

It has been a long time since my last post (February, 2005!) but here I come again with this great piece of software!

I noticed when downloading the last version that a few language packages were available for download, but I didn't see any for the Spanish language. And I wanted to know if there is somebody doing it, or I could do my own and offer it to the community :).

I've just started it, because I want a few friends to try WME! But unfortunately, they don't know a bit about English :P

So if someone is already doing it, I'll stop so we don't duplicate work.

Thanks a lot!

P.D. Mnemonic, I also wanted to know if you can put an option in the Window editor to turn off 3D acceleration like in Project Manager and the others, because is the only way for me to run it (I'm running WME in a virtual machine, and 3D acceleration has a few problems). If you can't / don't want, don't worry. WME is wonderful even without that! xDDD
Watch behind you!! It's a three-headed llama!!!

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Spanish translation
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 05:45:15 PM »

There was once a spanish site/community with all the tools translated to spanish (even if the tools with the exception of ProjectManager don't have enabled multilanguage support! - resource hacker was used!). It was created by the wonderful MMR but it seems that real life took his time so there are no updates for a long time and the site is down (to my knowledge).

We always appreciate all the help we can get. Things that could get translated are: wme site, wme string table (it's for the executable and you can find in the projects dir), Project Manager & most importantly wme documentation (which is a huge task, I know first hand ;)).
fl*p

Arcnor

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Arcnor
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 06:02:29 PM »

Hehehe, you're fast as always, odnorf (if I remember well)

There was once a spanish site/community with all the tools translated to spanish (even if the tools with the exception of ProjectManager don't have enabled multilanguage support! - resource hacker was used!). It was created by the wonderful MMR but it seems that real life took his time so there are no updates for a long time and the site is down (to my knowledge).
Yeah, I know, and I pointed my browser there first, but saw what you have said.
We always appreciate all the help we can get. Things that could get translated are: wme site, wme string table (it's for the executable and you can find in the projects dir), Project Manager & most importantly wme documentation (which is a huge task, I know first hand ;)).
I've translated strings.tab so far, and right now I'm with default.lng. I'll continue with Help files (and yes, I've seen your *hard* translation work :D) But some things (like "Save changes to X?") are untranslatable, as far I know, so I'll have to do a bit of "resource hacking". Hope Mnemonic doesn't mind :)

Bye!

Arcnor

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Arcnor
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 08:08:06 PM »

Here is it: First version of spanish.lng for ProjectMan, probably riddled with lot of bugs, and translated about 98% (there are a few phrases I don't seem to understand, because I'm not able to locate them :D)

Please help improve it!

Aquí está: Primera versión de spanish.lng para ProjectMan, probablemente plagada de bugs y traducida cerca del 98% (hay algunas frases que no entiendo, ya que no soy capaz de encontrarlas :D)

¡Por favor, ayúdame a mejorarla!

Link

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 10:41:12 PM »

You can ask about the lines you can't find and we'll help you locate them. This is what I did a few years ago.   ;)
fl*p

Arcnor

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Arcnor
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 10:52:52 PM »

Ok, so here we go :)

"Parsing merge files" "Error opening merge files"

...and...

"Scripts up" "Scripts down"

...and...

"WME runtime" (I've translated this one as "Runtime of WME", but it appears twice, and don't know if it will look good)

What is a merge file? Some sort of mix of files? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I haven't played with WME enough since a long time, as I wanted to have it translated before getting involved with my little game with my friends :D

And with "Scripts up/down", is that the text of some button to reorder scripts?

If you need, I can give you the string numbers :)

Right now, I'm just translating help files. Thanks a lot in advance!

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 09:32:55 AM »

"Scripts up & down"
Go to the left panel -> Game Setting -> Scripts -> .. (this is a button). In the open window you can reorder the scripts. This is the text you see if you leave the cursor on the icons.

"WME runtime" is the wme executable, you can see it in the project options menu.

"Parsing merge files"
Let me quote Mnemonic:
"str1049  Parsing file"
"str1053  Parsing merge file"
"str1054  Error opening merge file"
"str1064  Warning"
Those lines are used by the template parser (when you are adding a new entity/scene etc.). Those strings are only visible when there's some error in a template file.

It's interesting that I have made the same questions when I was doing the greek translation. You can find all the questions/answers in this thread.
fl*p

Arcnor

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Arcnor
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 10:22:16 AM »

Thanks. I knew what the runtime is, but didn't know how to translate, because I don't see it in the ProjectMan (it's not the one in the project options, because there you find a whole phrase "Copy the WME runtime to...") I'm saying the two "WME runtime" strings alone.

It's interesting that I have made the same questions when I was doing the greek translation. You can find all the questions/answers in this thread.

Jejeje, maybe Mnemonic will have to put a special warning to translators in this ones ;D. Thanks for the thread. I've translated "Parsing" as "Analyzing", because there is no such word in Spanish, and when I programmed my own parsers long time ago, the correct name was "Analizadores sintácticos", so the correct translation of "Parsing file" will be "Analizando sintácticamente los archivos", too long I think :)

I think the translation is now 100%. Now will be good if someone test it and find bugs :). Thanks again, odnorf!

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 08:34:18 PM »

P.D. Mnemonic, I also wanted to know if you can put an option in the Window editor to turn off 3D acceleration like in Project Manager and the others, because is the only way for me to run it (I'm running WME in a virtual machine, and 3D acceleration has a few problems). If you can't / don't want, don't worry. WME is wonderful even without that! xDDD
There's no need to. WindowEdit automatically switches to compatibility mode if 3D acceleration is unavailable.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Arcnor

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Arcnor
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 10:27:38 AM »

There's no need to. WindowEdit automatically switches to compatibility mode if 3D acceleration is unavailable.

Yes, I know that, but in my case, 3D acceleration *is* available, but when used it screws up my display. The check button in SpriteEditor & ProjectMan has served me very well, because I can disable acceleration, but don't worry, I know you are with more important matters.

Thanks and bye!

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 24 queries.