Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Labyrinth  (Read 16000 times)

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
Labyrinth
« on: July 28, 2003, 10:42:19 AM »

Hi,

about that Labyrinth game - fisst of all I wondered, that there is no graphic when starting a new game, but this seems to be normal. As odnorf found out, the saved games have graphics.

So... I made it up to the theater and when the movie starts, the graphics starts (!). Then after a short "movie sequence" I'm standing at that castle door and nothing happens, no verbs to choose from anymore, the game seems to be freezed.

I tried two downloaded versions and both with WinVICE and CCS64. Any suggestions ?
Mooh!

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
Re:Labyrinth
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 11:15:00 AM »

odnorf found it - you have to play this game not only with the verbs, but also with joystick.

so you have to define a joystick in port 1 (e.g. numpad+RCtrl as firebutton). then you can walk into the door and press fire to continue.
Mooh!

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 11:49:59 AM »

It has a really strange interface too! You can choose the verbs with the keyboard but you can also write them. :) It's really worth a try.
fl*p

KA-su-MA-kun

• Lurker
  • Don't take anything I say personally.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 03:52:46 PM »

Interesting can of worms I managed to open by mentioning a game I've never played myself, but knew about. I'm glad you guys seem to be enjoying a classic game though, if it's even half as enjoyable as I found the movie then you guys are playing a brilliant classic. For now I'll go back to playing through one of my favourite adventure games of all times. And then I'll go see about playing through Indy 3 as well.

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 04:17:36 PM »

Interesting can of worms I managed to open by mentioning a game I've never played myself, but knew about. I'm glad you guys seem to be enjoying a classic game though, if it's even half as enjoyable as I found the movie then you guys are playing a brilliant classic.

Well, I am an adventure games collector, and I was really happy to find that there was a lucasarts adventure that I didn't even know it exists :)

For now I'll go back to playing through one of my favourite adventure games of all times.

And what this game might be.... ? :)
fl*p

KA-su-MA-kun

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2003, 05:37:23 AM »

Yeah I've become a bit of a collector as well over the years since I bought my first two.

Strangely enough the answer to your question has been under your nose quite often.

I've been a big fan of Indiana Jones for most of my life, and Fate of Atlantis has been one of my favourite games of all time, not just Adventure games. You ever want a difficult Adventure game grab yourself a copy of Curse of Enchantia sometime, all the puzzles are logical, albeit a very twisted logic at times, but it's quite hard to figure out the next move.

FoA and CoE were the first IBM games I ever bought, and the first Adventure games I ever played as well. Ironic really.

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2003, 09:29:22 AM »

You ever want a difficult Adventure game grab yourself a copy of Curse of Enchantia sometime, all the puzzles are logical, albeit a very twisted logic at times, but it's quite hard to figure out the next move.

McCoy has suggested me this game 10 days ago! And I have played it but I haven't finished it yet.

FoA and CoE were the first IBM games I ever bought, and the first Adventure games I ever played as well. Ironic really.

It's natural to love the first adventures anyone plays. The very first adventure I have played is "Hero's Quest" (the 16colors version with the text parser and not the renamed to "Quest for Glory 1" 256 colors version). And I really love it.

Oh... and since it seems that you like Indiana Jones adventures as I do, I hope that you have the cd-rom version of Indy4. It's much better with full speech.
fl*p

KA-su-MA-kun

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2003, 03:23:24 PM »

It is not an easy game, I myself got stuck at the wrecked ship for quite a while. It took 3 of us over 6 months to figure out that game.

I have played that same version, as I have said to a friend recently, I remember quite well climbing that blasted tree just north of the main gate time, and time again to build up my stats.

And as to the Indy 4 CD version, I managed to find a site with it, if you'd paid attention to the other thread you would have seen that. *Chiding*

First Indiana Jones movie I saw was the Last Crusade, wasn't overly impressed with the movie itself at the time but the character of Indy is one that appeals to any kid I guess. Between the movies and the game Fate of Atlantis you have one of the major causes of my fascination with history, particularly myth and legend, I run a PBeM freeform RPG centered around Atlantis these days amongst other things.

Hmm, considering my early childhood maybe I was doomed from the beginning to be fascinated with everything except reality.

Memories of early childhood:
  • Cricket
  • Soccer
  • Dr. Who
  • James Bond
  • V
  • Flight of Dragons
  • The Last Unicorn
  • Star Trek
  • Thomas the Tank Engine
  • Transformers
  • Voltron
  • He-man
  • Dino Riders
  • Little Wizards
  • Elmchanted Forest
Present VHS/DVD collection:
  • James Bond
  • Star Trek
  • The Last Unicorn
  • Flight of Dragons
  • Visionaries
  • Indiana Jones Chronicles (some of these are hard to find)
  • John Wayne
  • Dr Who
  • V
Not much changes does it sometimes?

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2003, 04:01:41 PM »

Hehe! The only thing that I can reply is that we have a *complete* different taste in movies  ;D

EDIT: And you are right. I have totally forgotten the you have already found indy4 cd version. :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 04:04:27 PM by odnorf »
fl*p

KA-su-MA-kun

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2003, 04:19:41 PM »

You never know, I just stated what was in my DVD and VHS collection. Not what I had on my computer, I forgot my Robotech series DVDs anyway (damned if I know how, at least I'm honest enough to admit to what I like and what I don't like, it's served me well when it's counted. *Would hug his PW Fianc

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2003, 04:35:41 PM »

I forgot my Robotech series DVDs anyway

Let me say it again: it seems that we like COMPLETELY different type of movies  ;D Which is a good thing ofcourse :)

honestly I don't remember my own birthday

LOL LOL LOL

Odnorf, you either keep very wierd hours like me or don't sleep much judging by the variety in the timestamps on your messages.

Both are true. :) I am on holidays now, so I don't want to sleep!

Oh... and a little unimportant thing : I never use a capital "o" in my nickname. Imagine how many times I have told this on every forum & on every mail :)
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2003, 04:41:01 PM »

Oh... and a little unimportant thing : I never use a capital "o" in my nickname. Imagine how many times I have told this on every forum & on every mail :)

Oh yeah, I can confirm that ;D

So, odnorf, what type of movies *do* you like? (this thread is offtopic anyway... :-)
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2003, 06:08:48 PM »

So, odnorf, what type of movies *do* you like?

Hm... I'll give you some examples of director's names : Hal Hartley, David Lynch, Paolo Pazolini, Woody Allen, Kurosawa... and many more.

(this thread is offtopic anyway... :-)

AFAIK 95% of all the threads are going offtopic after the first 4-5 posts.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2003, 06:24:22 PM »

Ok, I'd agree with you on Lynch (what is it with you and the weird things? ;-)) and I would add names like Tarantino, Verhoeven, Cameron and Forman (especially this ;D)
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

KA-su-MA-kun

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2003, 06:29:51 PM »

That was the first time you added "seems", last time you didn't so I took the literal meaning as the way you meant it.

Oh great, you're just like cat, if I'd know I wouldn't have done it provided I rememberd to mess up my spelling. :-)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.