Wintermute Engine > Technical forum

Problem

(1/5) > >>

Anonymous Person:
I have emailed Mnemonic but having no email back, I'll post it here. WME crashes after creating or opening a project. Two crashes, one for WME and sometimes one for MFC42.DLL
I have updated MFC, fooled aroung with DXDiag, installed the newest driver for my video card I could find (it's an old 4mb) and WME still doesn't work.
Thanks!
-Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person:
Oh... And one more thing...
I was wondering why I am a llama, because it says by me "I am a llama".

krkode:
you can change the I am a Llama by going into "Profile" at the top of the board.

Hey, Mnemonic, i've had the same problem too. I once opened the demo project, checked it out, and closed it and today when i open it, i get an error. Reinstalled it, same thing, works first time but then i get the error.

Anonymous Person:
You are lucky, mine won't even open the first time.
When I create a new project I hear my old computer making some whirring noises, and then I get some
Illeagal Operations. I don't know what the problem is.
-Anonymous Person, a.k.a. Glad to be not a llama

Mnemonic:
That's weird  ??? From the WME log you've send me, the engine crashes while it is detecting the 3D devices; that's why I thought it might be a driver problem. Could you please save the configuration log in the dxdiag utility and send it to me so that I can see what exactly is your hardware config?

One more question: are you able to run the standalone WME demo game (there is an icon in the WME's Start menu folder)?

P.S. Sorry for the llama thing, it seems to be a YaBB SE default setting :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version