Game development > Game announcements

The game i'm working at.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Mnemonic:

--- Quote ---(well, and the mouse pointer)

--- End quote ---
Yep, I noticed it on the mouse pointer, it becomes jerky when the menu is displayed (or maybe I should upgrade my computer? ;)).

--- Quote ---or is there a way to activate the debug mode ?

--- End quote ---
Weeell, I have my ways... ;)

McCoy:
Ok, I putted a lot of attention in the cursor, and yep, even in my system, there's an almost-imperceptible cursor slowdown when the right-hold menu is up. I'll check the script and let's see if I catch the bug... I want the game working in a lot of system, even low-end systems. By the way, what are the very-minimum requirements of the engine? ???

Mnemonic:

--- Quote from: McCoy on May 13, 2003, 07:29:33 PM ---I'll check the script and let's see if I catch the bug...

--- End quote ---

OK, my guess is you're waiting for something when the menu is up, in some loop probably, and the loop does "sleep" every now and then. IMHO if you'd make it sleep longer (by a few milliseconds), it will fix the slowdown.

--- Quote from: McCoy on May 13, 2003, 07:29:33 PM ---By the way, what are the very-minimum requirements of the engine? ???

--- End quote ---

Sorry, but there's no easy answer to that. It's *very* dependent on the game, on resolution, on the amount of graphics on screen...

McCoy:
The RightClick event triggers just one time, when the mouse "clicks", or it keeps triggered every cycle all the time the right mouse button is pressed?

Mnemonic:
It's only triggered when you click the mouse button. When you release the button, "RightRelease" is triggered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version