Game development > Game announcements

Dreams first public beta demo v0.1 released!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jerrot:

--- Quote ---Oh! :( In the begining it was supposed to be red paint for another puzzle. It seems that I forgot to change the description.

--- End quote ---

Well, it didn't hurt finally. ;) For the next release you might want to add a new text to the box where you find the spray - it should be empty when you look at it again.

--- Quote ----The parallax scrolling is going to change completely. I don't like the way it is now. Wait to see it... I believe that is going to be much better.

--- End quote ---

We'll see - but I liked the front layer... it looka like watching the player walking behind a wall of glass !  8)

--- Quote ----The game menus (and probably the inventory) are going to change a lot (as you can see i only used mnemonic code from wme_demo and just add the dialogues speed option).

--- End quote ---

But it liked the way how you changed the windows and inventory elements to match the "dreams" design.

--- Quote ---EDIT: You didn't say anything about the interface and the font.

--- End quote ---

That's a good sign, isn't it ? Hehe, well the font was fine, it seemed to be a little small sometimes (when reading the password) but it did not really disturb at all. Did you change something of the basic interface technics ?? I didn't have a second look at it, it seemed to be the original from the demo - everything worked fine. I just had problems to find all items just by looking at the backgrounds as Musta Kaapu already mentioned.

Oh and yes - the installation is really good, I used Inno Setup (+ IS Tool ) before, but I'll compare them now.

odnorf:

--- Quote from: Jerrot on June 01, 2003, 11:30:21 AM ---Well, it didn't hurt finally. ;) For the next release you might want to add a new text to the box where you find the spray - it should be empty when you look at it again.

--- End quote ---

Hm... i thought I have done that! It seems that I finally missed!

--- Quote from: Jerrot on June 01, 2003, 11:30:21 AM ---
--- Quote ----The parallax scrolling is going to change completely. I don't like the way it is now. Wait to see it... I believe that is going to be much better.

--- End quote ---
We'll see - but I liked the front layer... it looka like watching the player walking behind a wall of glass !  8)

--- End quote ---

:) That's exactly what I wanted it to be! I didn't believe that someone is going to understand it! Maybe I won't change it afterall! Or maybe I'll recreate it and let you choose the best one :)

--- Quote from: Jerrot on June 01, 2003, 11:30:21 AM ---But it liked the way how you changed the windows and inventory elements to match the "dreams" design.

--- End quote ---

I won't change the style of the graphics. But I am going to change their shape and add a few more options (like volume and stuff).

--- Quote from: Jerrot on June 01, 2003, 11:30:21 AM ---Did you change something of the basic interface technics ?? I didn't have a second look at it, it seemed to be the original from the demo - everything worked fine.

--- End quote ---

It is the original scripts form the wme_demo, but I also add some shortcuts. Have you tried them? IMHO, it's much easier and faster the way. I also like to have different options on how to play the game (I am thinking also add some kind of keyboard only vanigation for people that don't like the mouse, like some friends of mine you eat & breath linux).

--- Quote from: Jerrot on June 01, 2003, 11:30:21 AM ---Oh and yes - the installation is really good, I used Inno Setup (+ IS Tool ) before, but I'll compare them now.

--- End quote ---

There are 6 things I like about NSIS : it's light, fast, computer friendly, powerfull, opensource and it's improved all the time.

Musta Kaapu:

--- Quote from: odnorf on June 01, 2003, 10:19:36 AM ---The official NSIS page at Nullsoft (the creators of winamp) :
http://www.nullsoft.com/free/nsis/

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I have to check that out. Maybe I'll be using that too  ;) If I get the hang of it.
I've have actually heard from it before. But I have never had a project that could have been even pontentially released.

--- Quote from: odnorf on June 01, 2003, 10:19:36 AM ---PS. Those screenshots from The City2 are *G*R*E*A*T*!!! I am downloading "The City" right now to check it out.

--- End quote ---

Oh, don't expect too much, it's not very long and it has low res. graphics. The games was made by our team's graphic artist, "back in the good old days" when he was still programming.  :)

odnorf:

--- Quote ---Oh, don't expect too much, it's not very long and it has low res. graphics. The games was made by our team's graphic artist, "back in the good old days" when he was still programming.  
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I have undesrtood this, but it was funny! Althought the character walks REALLY fast. In what engine the game is created? Is it a known one or is it a "home-made" engine by the graphic artist?

Musta Kaapu:

--- Quote from: odnorf on June 02, 2003, 11:00:00 AM --- Yeah, I have undesrtood this, but it was funny! Althought the character walks REALLY fast. In what engine the game is created? Is it a known one or is it a "home-made" engine by the graphic artist?

--- End quote ---

It's home-made. It doesn't use any sprites, only backgrounds, that's the reason the game is huge compared to the length. ;) Maybe it's better that he's now just a graphic artist  ;D

PS. I updated the website, it's lot more clearer now. Plus there's one new screenshot.

PPS. These topics are going offtopic with an increasingly fast speed.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version